Gift Quality Book in Excellent Condition. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Sacred Realms is a comprehensive introduction to the anthropology of religion that presents and defines key concepts with fifty-five classic and current essays by leading specialists. The anthology has wide geographical scope and presents balanced accounts from anthropologists throughout the world. Divided into seventeen subject areas that cover major topics in faith, religion, and belief, Sacred Realms concludes with descriptions of five of the world's most influential religions.
Features of Sacred Realms:
* This anthology presents several of the classics of the literature on religion (such as Malinowski, Harris, Miner, Wallace, and Gmelch) while introducing current work in the field. The majority of essays included were originally published in the past fifteen years.
* The book's six Parts are introduced by essays that concisely provide the critical concepts and key points students require.
* Each essay is introduced by head notes that supply context and discuss the principal points that it makes. Each head note includes several questions for students to consider while they read the essay.
* Many essays are by authors either native to or living in the societies they describe.
* Essays are readable and cover a wide breadth of topics that are both interesting to students and fit well with subjects that professors commonly teach.
* The world religions section (Part Six) is not found in any other anthropology of religion book. It presents highly readable, basic accounts of the largest and historically most important world religions in a balanced fashion.
About the Author: Richard Warms, James Garber, and Jon McGee are all at Texas State University-San Marcos.
Title: Sacred Realms: Essays in Religion, Belief, ...
Book Condition: New
Book Description Oxford University Press US, 2004. Book Condition: Very Good. Ships from Reno, NV. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP97341219
Book Description Oxford University Press, Incorporated. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Ex-Library Book - will contain Library Markings. This copy shows very minor wear. Bookseller Inventory # G0195175506I4N10
Book Description Oxford University Press. Book Condition: Good. . Writing inside. Bookseller Inventory # K13J-00345
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2004. Book Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Bookseller Inventory # 0195175506-2-4
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Good. 0195175506 Ships promptly. Bookseller Inventory # GAT5951.1GAGG071317H0173A
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Very Good. 0195175506 . Bookseller Inventory # GAT4872.1MCGG091317H0087P
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Very Good. NICE CONDITION LARGE SOFTCOVER BOOK, ALMOST LIKE NEW. NO WRITING OR MARKINGS IN TEXT. ALMOST NO WEAR TO COVER. A CLEAN AND SOLID BOOK. Bookseller Inventory # 89406
Book Description Oxford University Press, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. No markings throughout. Nice clean copy. Family owned since 1989. Selling online since 1995. Exceptional shopping experience, 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000568809
Book Description Oxford University Press, USA, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0195175506
Book Description Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Fine. 0195175506 Used Like-New: Reminder mark. Bookseller Inventory # Z0195175506Z1