Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Dr. Henry C. Lee is highly regarded throughout the law-enforcement community as one of the most talented and experienced forensic scientists in the world. He has also received widespread public recognition and media attention through his association with sensational criminal investigations, including the JFK assassination, the suicide of White House counsel Vincent Foster, the Chandra Levy homicide, the O.J. Simpson and JonBenet Ramsey cases, and, most recently, the Caylee Anthony case. In this new book, Dr. Lee and critically acclaimed mystery writer Jerry Labriola, MD, team up again to present another true-crime page-turner on five notorious incidents:
· The Phil Spector case: Legendary music mogul Phil Spector was charged with murder in the death of actress Lana Clarkson, found slain in his mansion. But has Dr. Lee produced forensic evidence suggesting her death was a suicide?
· The Brown’s Chicken massacre: The savage murder of helpless employees of a restaurant in Palatine, Illinois, was left unsolved for over a decade until the painstaking forensic skills of Task Force and Dr. Lee eventually identified the killers.
· Murder in the Sacristy: The brutal murder of a nun in a Toledo, Ohio, church had bizarre ritualistic overtones and remained unsolved until a priest was prosecuted twenty-six years later—the same priest who had conducted the nun’s funeral service! Dr. Lee testified at the trial of the priest and here he demonstrates how the perseverance of law enforcement officials and forensic scientists eventually solved the crime.
· The shooting of a Connecticut state trooper and the shooting death of a fourteen-year-old young man: Dr. Lee discusses the dual hazards of police work—being killed or injured in the line of duty and the accidental killing of innocent victims or suspects. In Hartford, while racial tensions threatened to spin out of control, Dr. Lee reconstructed the shooting of a young African American by a police officer. His diligent work defused hostilities that nearly led to a riot.
· Genocide in Bosnia-Herzegovina: Dr. Lee discusses his role in the excavation and, in some cases, the identification of hundreds of bodies in the former Yugoslavia. The evidence he uncovered was later used to build a case against suspects indicted by the International War Crimes Tribunal.
Combining fascinating details of forensic science with a vivid narrative, Shocking Cases from Dr. Henry Lee’s Forensic Files is must reading for true-crime readers and forensic science lovers.
About the Author:
Dr. Henry C. Lee (Branford, CT), chair and professor of forensic science at the University of New Haven and chief emeritus in the Department of Public Safety in Meriden, CT, is a lifetime distinguished member of the International Association of Identification and a distinguished fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. He is the author (with Jerry Labriola, MD) of Famous Crimes Revisited, The Budapest Connection, and Dr. Henry Lee’s Forensic Files, and (with Thomas W. O’Neil) Cracking Cases and Cracking More Cases, among other works. Dr. Lee was formerly on Court TV’s Trace Evidence (now TruTV). He has also been a special news analyst on TruTV and a frequent guest on Larry King Live, the Nancy Grace Show, Fox TV shows, and numerous other national television programs.
Jerry Labriola, M.D. (Naugatuck, CT), is the coauthor with Dr. Lee of three books and is the author of six mystery novels, including the recently released The Strange Death of Napoleon Bonaparte and the critically acclaimed Murders at Hollings General. A former pediatrician for over thirty years and also a Connecticut state senator, he now lectures extensively on true crime and forensic science issues, while writing both fiction and nonfiction.
Title: Shocking Cases from Dr. Henry Lee's Forensic...
Publisher: Prometheus Books
Publication Date: 2010
Book Condition: Good
Book Description Prometheus Books, Publishers. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Ex-Library Book - will contain Library Markings. Book has a small amount of wear visible on the binding, cover, pages. Bookseller Inventory # G1591027756I3N10
Book Description Prometheus Books, Publishers. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. This book shows minor wear and is in very good condition. Bookseller Inventory # G1591027756I4N00
Book Description Prometheus Books, Publishers. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Light shelving wear with minimal damage to cover and bindings. Pages show minor use. Bookseller Inventory # G1591027756I3N00
Book Description Prometheus Books, Publishers. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Ex-Library Book - will contain Library Markings. Book shows a small amount of wear to cover and binding. Some pages show signs of use. Bookseller Inventory # G1591027756I3N10
Book Description Prometheus Books, Publishers. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fair. Bookseller Inventory # G1591027756I5N00
Book Description Book Condition: Good. Fast shipping and order satisfaction guaranteed. A portion of your purchase benefits charities and literacy groups!. Bookseller Inventory # 0WOF8I000D0M
Book Description Prometheus Books. Hardcover. Book Condition: GOOD. book was well loved but cared for. Possible ex-library copy with all the usual markings and stickers. Some light textual notes, highlighting and underling. Bookseller Inventory # 2793921326
Book Description Book Condition: like_new. Book and Cover in Good Condition. Bookseller Inventory # V 402372
Book Description Prometheus Books, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: Used: Very Good. Ships Out Tomorrow!. Bookseller Inventory # 170407016
Book Description Prometheus Books, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good+. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good+. First Edition; First Printing. 9 X 6.10 X 1 inches. Bookseller Inventory # 378755