Siemens NX 8 Design Fundamentals: A Step by Step Guide
AbeBooks Member Since 1996
AbeBooks Member Since 1996
About this Item
Title: Siemens NX 8 Design Fundamentals: A Step by ...
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
About this title
This textbook explains how to create solid models, assemblies and drawings using Siemens NX 8.0. NX is a three dimensional CAD/CAM/CAE software developed by Siemens PLM Software Inc., Germany. This textbook is based on NX 8.0. Users of earlier releases can use this book with minor modifications. We provide files for exercises via our website. All files are in NX 6.0 so readers can open the files using NX 6.0 and later releases. It is assumed that readers of this textbook have no prior experience in using Siemens NX for modeling 3D parts. This textbook is suitable for anyone interested in learning 3D modeling using Siemens NX. Each chapter deals with the major functions of creating 3D features using simple examples and step by step, self-paced exercises. Additional drawings of 3D parts are provided at the end of each chapter for further self exercises. The final exercises are expected to be completed by readers who have fully understood the content and completed the exercises in each chapter.
Topics covered in this textbook
- Chapter 1: Basic components of Siemens NX 8.0, options and mouse operations.
- Chapter 2: Basic step by step modeling process of NX 8.0.
- Chapter 3 and 4: Creating sketches and sketch based features.
- Chapter 5: Usage of datums to create complex 3D geometry.
- Chapter 6: Additional modeling commands such as fillet, chamfer, draft and shell.
- Chapter 7: Modification of 3D parts to take advantage of parametric modeling concepts.
- Chapter 8: Copying features, modeling objects and bodies.
- Chapter 9: Additional modeling commands such as trim body, tube, sweep along guide, emboss and various commands in synchronous modeling.
- Chapter 10: Advanced sketch commands.
- Chapter 11: Measuring and verifying 3D geometries.
- Chapter 12 and 13: Constructing assembly structures and creating or modifying 3D parts in the context of assembly.
- Chapter 14 and 15: Creating drawings for parts or assemblies.
The author is a technical director in ONSIA, and an affiliate professor of Songdam College and Hongik University in Korea. He has more than 15 years of experience in the industrial field of Computer Aided Design and Engineering, teaching engineers courses on three dimensional CAD and CAE software such as CATIA, Siemens NX and SolidWorks. His clients include major companies such as Samsung Electronics, Hyundai Heavy Industries and LG Electronics.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
For assistance with billing questions, please refer to our help page in abebooks. If you cannot find the answers you are seeking or have questions about your order you can contact us by emailing email@example.com. Responses to emails will be provided as soon as possible. For further information - (250) 361-4447
Shipping prices are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. Canadian and U.S. orders sent with Automated Package Tracking and delivery confirmation, where available. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you regarding any extra shipping costs. Thank you! - Russell Books
accepted by seller