Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Help ensure that students succeed when solving mathematical problems with the Solve It! instructional approach. Solve It! is a curriculum designed to improve the mathematical problem solving skills of students in the upper elementary, middle, and secondary school grades—including students with disabilities who are having difficulties solving mathematical problems.
Using Solve It!, teachers help students develop the processes and strategies used by good problem solvers. Explicit instruction in mathematical problem solving is provided in lessons that teach:
· Critical cognitive and metacognitive processes.
· Strategies that improve students’ motivation to solve problems.
This research-based program is designed for easy inclusion in a standard mathematics curriculum. Solve It! was validated and refined in intervention studies with students with mathematical learning disabilities between 12 and 18 years of age.
Everything you need to use Solve It! is contained in this instructional guide. The program provides:
· Guidelines for teaching mathematical problem solving and related mathematics skills.
· Methods to assess the problem solving performance of students—including versions of the Mathematical Problem Solving Assessment-Short Form in both English and Spanish.
· Detailed lessons for individual and group instruction.
· Techniques to promote strategy and performance maintenance and generalization.
· Extension activities to promote transfer to novel and real life problems.
· Blackline masters for assessments (in both English and Spanish, student activity sheets, transparencies, and student cue cards.
An accompanying videotape provides an overview of the Solve It! approach.
Solve It! was extensively field-tested and researched. Research documenting its success appear in many peer-reviewed, scholarly research journals.
About the Author: Marjorie Montague is a professor at the University of Miami. Montague taught both general and special education. For more than 2 decades she has been conducting research in math education.
Title: Solve It! A Practical Approach to Teaching ...
Publisher: Exceptional Innovations
Publication Date: 2003
Book Condition: Very Good
Book Description Exceptional Innovations. Book Condition: Very Good. . Bookseller Inventory # M09F-00139
Book Description Exceptional Innovations, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P11193131103X