Brand New Text!!! Never Been Used!!! This text is totally clean with no writing at all!!!. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: This popular casebook is divided into three parts:
· Part I focuses on legal issues arising out of amateur sports. Particular emphasis is placed on the roles, rules, and activities of the National Collegiate Athletic Association. The issues addressed include amateur sports associations, gender equity in amateur athletics, and amateur sports and antitrust law.
· Part II addresses with legal issues in professional sports. The chapters in this part deal with professional sports leagues, labor relations and antitrust law, enforcement of sports contracts, representation of professional athletes, negotiation of sports contracts, and stadium and arena issues.
· Part III presents issues that arise in both professional and amateur sports. The subjects analyzed include criminal liability of sports participants, tort issues, intellectual property issues, health and disability issues, drug testing, and Olympic and international sports rules and regulations.
The new Seventh Edition retains the problem-based approach that has helped make this book so popular for all these years. Recent developments that have broken new ground are also included as featured cases and/or the subject of new problems. For example:
· The U.S. Supreme Court's decision in American Needle, Inc. v. Nat'l Football League, earned its way into the Seventh Edition as a featured case
· The O'Bannon v. NCAA line of pending cases is addressed as a problem in both the antitrust materials and the intellectual property materials
· The emergence of a body of international sports law - a "lex sportiva" - gains coverage in this new edition through the addition of new problems and recently decided CAS cases
· The class action lawsuit, Brady v. NFL, filed in April 2011, challenging various NFL player restraints and many of the questions this case raises are noted in Chapter 6
Title: Sports Law: Cases and Materials (2011)
Publication Date: 2011
Book Condition: New
Book Description LEXISNEXIS. Book Condition: Very Good. Ships Fast! Great book! Seventh . Supplements (such as CD's, Access Codes, etc.) are not guaranteed for used books, unless specified. Bookseller Inventory # ID2000004418702
Book Description LEXISNEXIS. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. 1422485536 Item in good condition and has highlighting/writing on text. Used texts may not contain supplemental items such as CDs, info-trac etc. Bookseller Inventory # Z1422485536Z3
Book Description LEXISNEXIS. Hardcover. Book Condition: VERY GOOD. little to no wear, pages are clean. The cover and binding are crisp with next no creases. Bookseller Inventory # 2802818645
Book Description Lexis Nexis, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000949991
Book Description Lexis Nexis, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fine. Shrink wrapped and unopened. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000829867
Book Description Book Condition: good. Used products do not contain supplements and some products may include highlighting and writing. Bookseller Inventory # 12957646-5
Book Description LEXISNEXIS. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. 1422485536 Choose Expedited Shipping for fastest delivery! Used Texts May Have Used Book Stickers on the Cover. Free USPS Tracking Number. Used texts may NOT contain supplemental materials such as CD's, info-trac, access codes, etc. Satisfaction Guaranteed! (Hawaii,Alaska, Puerto Rico and APO's, allow additional time for delivery.). Bookseller Inventory # Z1422485536Z3
Book Description Book Condition: Fine. Used book. May have cover wear and markings inside. Please do not buy used items expecting new suppliments. CD's, Access codes, or other suppliments are not included. Bookseller Inventory # 1422485536-LOCATION-44336
Book Description LexisNexis, USA, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Seventh Edition. Book appears to be in Used Good Condition. Cover has some wear, scuffs, dings and corner bumps. Text appears to have multiple markings. Spine is in good condition. May have bookstore stickers or markings. Quantity Available: 1. Shipped Weight: Under 1 kilo. Category: Education; ISBN: 1422485536. ISBN/EAN: 9781422485538. Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: 1561044703. Bookseller Inventory # 1561044703
Book Description Book Condition: Very Good. In good condition and ready for quick shipment to any US location by an experienced and reliable seller. CDs and Access codes may not be included as is the case with most used books. Thanks for shopping with us!. Bookseller Inventory # 652701