Structural Dynamics of Turbo-Machines
430 p. Includes: diagrams, bibliography. 0.0 0.0. Bookseller Inventory # ABE.0015501
About this title:
* Text developed to meet the needs of engineering students in industries where turbo-machines are used.
* Close correlation between the design and dynamics disciplines maintained throughout the text.
* Example problems given at the end of each chapter.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS OF TURBO-MACHINES presents a detailed and comprehensive treatment of structural vibration evaluation of turbo-machines. Starting with fundamentals of the theory of vibration as related to various aspects of rotating machines, the dynamic analysis procedures of a broad spectrum of turbo-machines is covered. An in-depth procedure for analyzing the torsional and flexural oscillations of the components and of the rotor-bearing system is presented. The latest trends in design and analysis are presented, chief among them:
* Blade and coupled disk-blade modes of vibration
* Dynamic instability, non-linear phenomena, their causes and consequences
* Methods to control rotor-to-stator clearance and improving operating efficiency
* Experimental techniques and analytical correlation with variables ranging from blade flutter to bearing orbital trajectory
* Fatigue failures arising from thermal ratcheting and cyclical operating loads
* Material characteristics and requirements
Growth in machine operating parameters and user expectations require exacting consideration of dynamic characteristics.State-of-the-art technology is required to understand blade dynamics and rotating system vibrations. Vibration measurement is an important tool in diagnostics. This book develops methods to understand vibrations and correct major causes of related problems. Emphasis is placed on practical modeling methods, interpreting results and obtaining realistic solutions. Analysis as a problem solving tool is the focus.
* Vibration Theory Fundamentals
* Fan and Compressor Airfoils
* Turbine and Combustor Parts
* Bearing and Seal Characteristics
* Shaft Torsional Vibration
* Flexural Rotor Dynamics
* Experimental and Test Measurement
* Balancing of Rotors
* Turbo-Machinery Noise
* Graduate and Postgraduate students and teachers of Mechanical, Production and Manufacturing Engineering
* University and college libraries
* Professionals and practising engineers
* Researchers and engineers from research laboratories, utilities and industries.
New Academic Science is a newly established Science, Technical and Medical publisher.
We offer high level text and reference titles to the academic community. Written by leading scientists and academic professionals affiliated to prestigious institutions worldwide, our books bring into focus innovative research and the latest teaching theories and concepts.
Some of the many areas we publish in include:
About the Author: A S Rangwala received a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Drexel University, Philadelphia, and obtained his Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from University of Cincinnati. He has worked for thirty-five years in the field of Structural Dynamics on Compressors and gas turbines as applicable to aircraft engines, and steam turbines and generators for power plant applications. Mr Rangwala has written several books, papers and reports on all facets of machinery system and component dynamics. He has worked at General Electric Company Aircraft Engines Group in Cincinnati, OH and Lynn, Massachusetts and at Large Steam Turbines Department, Schenectady, NY. He has also worked at Siemens-Westinghouse Power Corporation in Orlando. He now works as an International Consultant and teaches short course for practising engineers on structural vibrations of rotating and reciprocating machinery. He has also been an adjunct professor at Cincinnati State Technical College.
Title: Structural Dynamics of Turbo-Machines
Publisher: New Age
Publication Date: 2009
Book Condition: Fine
Dust Jacket Condition: Very good
Payment Methods Accepted by Seller
Money Order PayPal Bank Draft
Oakland, CA, U.S.A.
AbeBooks Seller Since December 28, 2011
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Store Description: Masalai Press has been selling books on the internet since 2000, and has been involved in book selling since 1985. Customer service and accurate descriptions are a priority. Masalai Press specializes in books about the Pacific Islands, especially Papua New Guinea. Masalai Press is the regional representative of the University of Papua New Guinea Press, and has been co-publishing with the UPNG Press since 2008.