Ex-Library Book - will contain Library Markings. Book shows a small amount of wear - very good condition. Bookseller Inventory #
* The first exposition on super-recursive algorithms, systematizing all main classes and providing an accessible, focused examination of the theory and its ramifications
* Demonstrates how these algorithms are more appropriate as mathematical models for modern computers and how they present a better framework for computing methods
* Develops a new practically-oriented perspective on the theory of algorithms, computation, and automata, as a whole
From the Back Cover:
New discoveries about algorithms are leading scientists beyond the Church-Turing Thesis, which governs the "algorithmic universe" and asserts the conventionality of recursive algorithms. A new paradigm for computation, the super-recursive algorithm, offers promising prospects for algorithms of much greater computing power and efficiency.
Super-Recursive Algorithms provides an accessible, focused examination of the theory of super-recursive algorithms and its ramifications for the computer industry, networks, artificial intelligence, embedded systems, and the Internet. The book demonstrates how these algorithms are more appropriate as mathematical models for modern computers, and how these algorithms present a better framework for computing methods in such areas as numerical analysis, array searching, and controlling and monitoring systems. In addition, a new practically-oriented perspective on the theory of algorithms, computation, and automata, as a whole, is developed. Problems of efficiency, software development, parallel and distributed processing, pervasive and emerging computation, computer architecture, machine learning, brain modeling, knowledge discovery, and intelligent systems are addressed.
Topics and Features:
* Encompasses and systematizes all main classes of super-recursive algorithms and the theory behind them
* Describes the strengthening link between the theory of super-recursive algorithms and actual algorithms close to practical realization
* Examines the theory's basis as a foundation for advancements in computing, information science, and related technologies
* Encompasses and systematizes all main types of mathematical models of algorithms
* Highlights how super-recursive algorithms pave the way for more advanced design, utilization, and maintenance of computers
* Examines and restructures the existing variety of mathematical models of complexity of algorithms and computation, introducing new models
* Possesses a comprehensive bibliography and index
This clear exposition, motivated by numerous examples and illustrations, serves to develop a new paradigm for complex, high-performance computing based on both partial recursive functions and more inclusive recursive algorithms. Researchers and advanced students interested in theory of computation and algorithms will find the book an essential resource for an important new class of algorithms.
Title: Super-Recursive Algorithms (Monographs in ...
Book Condition: Very Good
Book Description Springer Verlag;, 2005. gebundene Ausgabe. Book Condition: Gut. 304 Seiten Der Erhaltungszustand des hier angebotenen Werks ist trotz seiner Bibliotheksnutzung sehr sauber. Es befindet sich lediglich ein Bibliotheksstempel im Buch; ordnungsgemäß entwidmet. Sprache: Englisch Gewicht in Gramm: 560. Bookseller Inventory # 1453606
Book Description Springer. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Book shows minor use. Cover and Binding have minimal wear and the pages have only minimal creases. Bookseller Inventory # G0387955690I3N00
Book Description Springer, 2004. Book Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Bookseller Inventory # 0387955690-2-4
Book Description Springer, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: Used: Good. This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0387955690
Book Description Springer, 2017. Hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. Great condition with minimal wear, aging, or shelf wear. This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # P020387955690
Book Description Springer, 2017. Hardcover. Book Condition: Like New. Almost new condition. This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # P010387955690
Book Description Springer, 2017. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used! This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # P110387955690
Book Description Springer, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2005. This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0387955690
Book Description Book Condition: New. This item is Print on Demand - Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Bookseller Inventory # POD_9780387955698
Book Description Springer. Book Condition: New. pp. 306 This item is printed on Demand. Bookseller Inventory # 7590158