We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! j. Bookseller Inventory #
If you gulped through reading or streaming 13 Reasons Why, Tease is the book for you.
Provocative, unforgettable, and inspired by real-life incidents, Amanda Maciel's highly acclaimed debut novel Tease is the story of a teenage girl who faces criminal charges for bullying after a classmate commits suicide. With its powerful narrative, unconventional point of view, and strong anti-bullying theme, this coming-of-age story offers smart, insightful, and nuanced views on high school society, toxic friendships, and family relationships.
Emma Putnam is dead, and it's all Sara Wharton's fault. At least, that's what everyone seems to think. Sara, along with her best friend and three other classmates, has been criminally charged for the bullying and harassment that led to Emma's shocking suicide. Now Sara is the one who's ostracized, already guilty according to her peers, the community, and the media. In the summer before her senior year, in between meetings with lawyers and a court-recommended therapist, Sara is forced to reflect on the events that brought her to this moment—and ultimately consider her own role in an undeniable tragedy.
And she'll have to find a way to move forward, even when it feels like her own life is over.
Discussion Questions for Tease by Amanda Maciel
1. What is your first impression of Sara? How does that opinion change in chapter two, the first flashback chapter?
2. Describe Sara and Brielle’s friendship. How is their relationship different from their friendships with Jacob, Tyler, Dylan, Noelle, etc. ?
3. When Sara argues with her father, she retorts, “Maybe I am a child, Dad” (p. 274). Why is it important to remember that she is still just a teenager?
4. Brielle and Sara are accused of bullying Emma, but what other instances of bullying occur in Tease?
5. How does Sara’s relationship with her mother and brothers compare to Brielle’s relationship with her own family? What about Sara’s relationship with her father, or lack thereof?
6. What role does social media play in the lives of the characters?
7. After their dinner date, Sara opens up to Carmichael about the entire case. Why is this scene important? What does Sara realize?
8. In court, Sara notes that she and Brielle are “both here to admit that we’ve lost. We give up” (p. 304). Why does she view the plea bargain as giving up? Do you agree? Does her opinion change by the end of the novel?
9. Amanda Maciel notes that while the characters and events in Tease are fictional, they were heavily influenced by true stories. What instances of bullying have you encountered? Why is it important to talk about this issue?
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: 2015
Book Condition: Used: Good
Book Description Balzer & Bray/Harperteen 28/04/2015, 2015. Book Condition: used-good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780062305312
Book Description Balzer + Bray. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Very Good. 006230531X Ships promptly. Bookseller Inventory # GAT2124KAGG062317H0025A
Book Description Balzer + Bray. Paperback. Book Condition: VERY GOOD. Very Good copy, cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage. Binding may have light creases. Lots of life left in these pages. Bookseller Inventory # 2717372921
Book Description Balzer + Bray. Paperback. Book Condition: VERY GOOD. Cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage. May have creases on the cover and binding caused from handling and reading. Some pages may contain writing and or highlighting. Bookseller Inventory # 2769329804
Book Description Balzer + Bray. Paperback. Book Condition: GOOD. book was well loved but cared for. Possible ex-library copy with all the usual markings and stickers. Some light textual notes, highlighting and underling. Bookseller Inventory # 2770799235
Book Description Balzer and Bray/Harperteen, 2015. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Very Good. **SHIPPED FROM UK** We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible! Buy with confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # 2757506
Book Description -. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Tease This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780062305312
Book Description Balzer + Bray, 2015. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Publisher overstock or return with minor shelfwear. May have remainder mark. Leaves our warehouse same or next business day. Most continental U.S. orders lead time 4-10 days. International - most countries 10-21 days, others 4 weeks. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000715718
Book Description Book Condition: acceptable. 249 Gramm. Bookseller Inventory # M0006230531X-B
Book Description Balzer & Bray 2015-04-28, 2015. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Paperback. Publisher overstock, may contain remainder mark on edge. Bookseller Inventory # 9780062305312B