[ No Hassle 30 Day Returns ][ Ships Daily ] [ Underlining/Highlighting: NONE ] [ Writing: NONE ] [ Edition: tenth ] Publisher: Meadowbrook Pub Date: 9/6/1984 Binding: Paperback Pages: 273 tenth edition. Bookseller Inventory #
What Your Travel Agent and Tour Guide Don't Tell You about Making Friends and Doing Business in Europe
The fall of the Berlin Wall, the lifting of the iron curtain, and other dramatic changes are creating new travel and business opportunities in Europe. But they also create new pitfalls for travelers finding themselves in unfamiliar cultures and changing political situations.
It's easy to embarrass yourself, offend a European acquaintance, or lose business simply because you don't understand local customs and manners. This up-to-date, easy-to-use guide to customs and manners in 24 countries can help you avoid such breaches of etiquette and confidently make friends and do business in Europe.
TEST YOUR "E.Q."
1. What should you never do to your food or your wine when dining in a French home?
2. Why should you be careful when you shake your head in Bulgaria?
3. What is the proper etiquette at a Finnish sauna?
4. When don't you drink tea in Great Britain?
5. What common driving practice can get you arrested in Hungary?
6. What should you do if a Russian friend offers to help you exchange money on the black market?
7. What will you get if you order "scotch" in Belgium?
8. If you want to do business in Germany, is it better to get right down to brass tacks or to start a business meeting with pleasantries and small talk?
9. What common American gesture is considered insulting in Greece?
10. If you ask directions for the nearest "bathroom" in most European countries, where are you likely to be sent?
Title: The Travelers' Guide to European Customs & ...
Book Condition: Good
Book Description Meadowbrook. Condition: Good. . Seller Inventory # K07I-00201
Book Description Meadowbrook September 1984, 1984. Trade Paperback. Condition: Good. Light edge and cover wear. Unmarked pages. All Orders Shipped With Tracking And Delivery Confirmation Numbers. Seller Inventory # 389814
Book Description Meadowbrook, New York, New York, 1984. Trade Paperback. Condition: Very Good-. 10th Printing. Very good - trade paperback. May be some rubbing and minor shelfwear but overall a nice clean tight copy. Book. Seller Inventory # EH4732
Book Description Meadowbrook, 1984. Paperback. Condition: Good. 0.5 x 7.7 x 4.2 Inches; 273 pages. Seller Inventory # 108270
Book Description Meadowbrook, 1984. Paperback. Condition: Very Good. 0671544934 Very good clean text. 1984. Seller Inventory # BING86211963
Book Description Meadowbrook/Simon & Schuster, New York, NY, 1984. Soft Cover. Condition: Near Fine. Dust Jacket Condition: None as Issued. Bob Doeg & Jim Olsen (Illustrators) (illustrator). First Edition, 7th Printing. Text/Near New. Illustrated cover/NF w/light wear. DJ/None as Issued. Pragmatic travel guide for Europe. A thorough tourist guide with emphasis on mannerly behavior as measured by local customs, covering dress code, table manners, appropriate greetings, conduct when visiting private homes, and much more. Useful pointers on how to order beer in Ireland, why not to shake one's head in Bulgaria, and etiquette in Turkish public baths --- fun repository of local mores now less distinct as technological advances erase international borders. Seller Inventory # 002019
Book Description Meadowbrook, 1984. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0671544934