Tropical Rainforest : Our Most Valuable Endangered Habitat with a Blueprint for Its Survival Into the Third Millenniium - Revised Edition
Available From More sellersView all copies of this book
Foreward by the Dalai Lama, Introduction by Jane Goodall, Prologue by Robert Redford. Size: 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall. Bookseller Inventory # 001203
About this title:
Product Description: Fully revised, this landmark volume takes readers deep inside the "living cathedral" of the forest interior and examines the forces that threaten the biome's survival.
Tropical Rainforest presents an action plan for the concerned individual and the whole of humanity to implement before the potentially bleak consequences of tropical deforestation become unavoidable. Combining comprehensive fact-filled text and an extensively revised bibliography and tables with 300 stunning full-color photographs, this book is destined to remain the leading reference on this vital issue.
Among the topics covered are:
* What is a Tropical Rainforest?: Examines the vast array of species and life forms that comprise the rainforest
* This Web of Life: Explains the dynamics of the rainforest, including pollination and seed dispersal and the food chain
* Threats to the Forest: Details the contributing factors to rainforest destruction, including timber extraction, mining and pollution, and cattle raising
* What Do We Lose?: Focuses of the effects of deforestation, including dwindling land, natural, and human resources
* A Blueprint for Survival: Offers concrete plans for conservation, such as habitat preservation, and funding for rainforest projects
* Reason for Hope: Assesses the future of the tropical rainforest.
Praise for the previous edition:
"...big, beautifully designed and illustrated with extraordinary photographs." -Friends of the Earth
Title: Tropical Rainforest : Our Most Valuable ...
Publisher: Checkmark Books
Publication Date: 2002
Binding: Hard Cover
Book Condition: New
Dust Jacket Condition: New
Payment Methods Accepted by Seller
Check Money Order PayPal
The Herbert Morris Collection
Edison, NJ, U.S.A.
AbeBooks Seller Since December 5, 2006
Because there is an element of subjectivity to rating book conditions, we will be happy to email photographs of any item listed and will stand behind our descriptions with a money back guarantee.
Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is multi-volumes, heavy, or over-sized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Store Description: The Herbert Morris Collection comes from the library of the award winning poet. His relationships with many of his contemporary poets had given him an inventory of signed, first edition books on poetry. His passion for verbal expression has left a library of writings from great authors who share that passion.