Understanding Pharmacology - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card): Essentials for Medication.
Published by Saunders, 2010
Printed Access Code /
Quantity Available: 0
Available From More Booksellers
View all copies of this book
About the Book
We're sorry; this book is no longer available. AbeBooks has millions of books. Please enter search terms below to find similar copies.
We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! L. Bookseller Inventory #
About this title:
Clear and straightforward, Understanding Pharmacology: Essentials for Medication Safety helps you understand how drugs work and how to administer them safely. That means you won't have to resort to rote memorization of drug information to avoid making medication errors! Written by noted educators M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Linda A. LaCharity, PhD, RN, and Susan L. Kruchko, MS, RN, Understanding Pharmacology clarifies difficult concepts and prepares you to handle today's new drugs and drug classes. It provides complete preparation for licensure exams and for clinical practice.
- Clear, consistent chapter format facilitates learning:
- Key Terms with phonetic pronunciations and page references
- Review of Related Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Types of Drugs Prescribed, including how each works; dosages with intended responses, side effects, and adverse effects; what to do before administering; what to check after administering; and what to teach patients
- Get Ready for Practice! with Key Points, Additional Learning Resources, Review Questions, and Critical Thinking Activities
- Animations and video clips are included on the companion Evolve website.
- Everyday terminologys is used, with technical terms following in parentheses.
- A math and dosage calculation review minimizes "math anxiety" and promotes medication safety.
- Try This! boxes let students practice math and dosage calculation concepts as they learn them.
- Common Side Effects boxes use clever, easy-to-recognize icons to emphasize the side effects of drugs.
- Drug Alert!, Memory Joggers, Do-Not-Confuse, and Clinical Pitfall boxes highlight important tips for safe medication administration.
- Did You Know? boxes relate pharmacology content to everyday life.
- Wide margins provide plenty of room for note-taking.
- Examination-style review questions end each chapter, and include alternate item format questions.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Title: Understanding Pharmacology - Elsevier eBook ...
Publication Date: 2010
Binding: Printed Access Code
Book Condition: Used: Good
AbeBooks offers millions of new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as cheap textbooks from thousands of booksellers around the world. Shopping on AbeBooks is easy, safe and 100% secure - search for your book, purchase a copy via our secure checkout and the bookseller ships it straight to you.
Search thousands of booksellers selling millions of new & used books
New & Used Books
New and used copies of new releases, best sellers and award winners. Save money with our huge selection.
Rare & Out of Print Books
From scarce first editions to sought-after signatures, find an array of rare, valuable and highly collectible books.
Catch a break with big discounts and fantastic deals on new and used textbooks.
More Books to Discover