About this Item
Quantity Available: > 20
Title: Veterinary Guide to Horse Breeding
Publisher: Howell Book House
Book Condition: Fine
About this title
A landmark breeding resource for new and seasoned horse owners alike
With millions of recreational riders on the bridle paths today, breeding is becoming increasingly popular among horse owners at all experience levels. Whether you are already enjoying the rich rewards of equine breeding or need down-to-earth advice on whether breeding is right for you and your animal, the Veterinary Guide to Horse Breeding offers a thorough, up-to-date overview of the process.
From selecting the best horses to mating, pregnancy, birthing, and caring for a newborn foal, this is the authoritative resource you'll want by your side at all stages of the breeding process to bring healthy, beautiful foals into your life. Features include:
* Guidance on evaluating mares and stallions from bloodline and performance record to overall health and appearance
* Key breeding techniques such as artificial insemination, pasture breeding, and hand breeding
* Pregnancy essentials including testing, gestation, care of pregnant mares, and dealing with complications
* Foaling fundamentals: signs of approaching labor, labor and delivery, care of the postpartum mare, and more
* A complete immunization schedule, physiological evaluation tables and procedures, and a thorough glossary of terms
* More than 100 photos and drawings illustrating anatomy, techniques, and procedures
JAMES M. GIFFIN, M.D., a graduate of Yale University School of Medicine, coauthored the Horse Owner’s Veterinary Handbook, Dog Owner’s Home Veterinary Handbook, and Cat Owner’s Home Veterinary Handbook, three top-selling titles from Howell Book House.
KJERSTEN DARLING, D.V. M., a graduate of the University of California-Davis Veterinary School, is a specialist in equine reproduction. She currently runs her own practice in Montrose, California.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you¿ve changed your mind about a book that you¿ve ordered, please use the [Ask bookseller a question] link to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
accepted by seller