About this Item
Quantity Available: 1
Title: Web Design: Concepts and Best Practices (...
Publisher: Emc Pub
Book Condition: POOR
About this title
"Web Design: Concepts and Best Practices" introduces a broad range of essential concepts and practices that form the bedrock of professional Web Design. These concepts and practices aim primarily to encourage independent, critical thinking on the part of designers. This book does not specify prescriptions for what to do in every design situation. Rather, this text grounds current and future designers in the concepts critical to Web design: the parameters, principles, guidelines and standards researched or adopted by some of the most influential professional organizations and designers.
The standard of excellence modeled by this text:
* Teaches the Web design process and standards for effective Web sites.
* Presents concepts and best practices through text discussion, Web links, screen captures and engaged learning and critical thinking activities.
* Covers and builds towards practices that are in compliance with accessibility and usability guidelines.
* Builds skills in analyzing, designing and evaluating Web sites using a 3-Phase Site Design Process: Prepare & Plan; Design & Produce; and Launch, Test, Maintain, & Improve.
Special features of this book include:
* CyberVisits: Chapter-opening features that showcase the work and thinking of professional Web Designers.
* Web Terms: Highlights and defines important chapter terms.
* Web Links: Stimulating links that illustrate and otherwise bring to life the concepts of design.
* Input/Refresh: Essays that expand on a critical topic to deepen and consolidate the learner's perspective.
* Do you Know?: A boxed feature in Q & A format that discusses a point that learners may find surprising or interesting.
* Web Activities: Opportunities for students actively to practice knowledge and concepts as they master them, engaging in activities that become increasingly challenging over the course of the book.
* Topics Roundtable: Stimulating thought and discussion questions for use in online and f2f discussions of critical concepts and their applications.
* Window to the Web: Two-phase Tutorials leading to the creation of a produced and published "Web Designer Resorces" website. Phase one is a "Technical Walk-Through" of an essential HTML skill, step-by-step, with explanations of "Why." Phase two is a Design Project that students create on their own to gain independence in their use of that skill.From the Publisher:
This book covers historical, technical, theoretical, and practical issues of the Web design profession:
* Chapter 1 discusses the technical breakthroughs that led to the development of the World Wide Web and claims that, in addition to technological change, the human desire for communication and exchange with others is a force that has shaped the Web into its present form.
* Chapter 2 surveys what the Web designer does and discusses the types of talents that Web design requires.
* Chapter 3 introduces the parameters by which Web sites can be judged and the principles that support them. The chapter also discusses the concept of Web generations as benchmarks by which Web sites can be evaluated.
* Chapter 4 highlights two major issues in Web design--usability and accessibility--and provides commentary on two existing sets of guidelines that can help designers decide how to build sites that qualify as usable and accessible.
* Chapter 5 begins discussion of the Web design process, focusing on the preliminary stage, in which designers gather information, conduct research, create their first design ideas, and organize their work.
* Chapter 6 continues coverage of the Web design process, concentrating on planning information architecture, preparing material for a Web site, and creating the first working versions of a site.
* Chapter 7 finishes the discussion of the Web design process, covering the launching and testing phases especially and also discussing plans that need to be made for maintenance and periodic review. The final section discusses professional obligations---copyright and security, for instance--that should be of concern to all designers throughout the design process.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required. Standard shipping usually arrives within 6-8 business days. Expedited Shipping to the US typically arrives within 2-5 business days. International Shipments can take 14-21 business days. Thanks for your business!
accepted by seller