Light wear to edges and pages. Cover and spine show no easily noticeable damage. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Yes, men wrote the rules of the workplace—but now Amy Henry, the last woman standing on The Apprentice, shows young business women how to make those rules work for them!
In WHAT IT TAKES, Amy Henry, a formidable business woman and national star from The Apprentice, shares her experiences, skills, and in-your-face advice for moving up in today’s workplace. Throughout her impressive ten-year business career, mostly in male-dominated industries, Amy has learned how women can succeed by using the strategies men use every day, and by thinking of femininity as an asset, not a liability.
WHAT IT TAKES is packed with real-life examples and practical advice and strategies, including:
· Don’t cry in the boardroom—manage your emotions
· Yes, there is an Old Boys network—join it on your terms
· Speak up—confidence isn’t arrogance
· Use charm—your personality is an asset
· Brag—broadcast your accomplishments
· Stop apologizing—men don’t do it, you shouldn’t either
· Money—it’s not what you need, it’s what you’re worth
· Mixing business with pleasure—the right way and the wrong way
Hip, honest and controversial, WHAT IT TAKES is the ultimate guide to the reality of today’s business world—and Amy Henry is the new model for today’s young business women.
From the Back Cover:
What does it take to be a successful businesswoman in today's working environment?
- No crying in the boardroom---use the right emotions at work.
- Know the power of networking---get connected to the right people.
- Negotiate for what you're worth---get the compensation you deserve.
- Make your accomplishments known--- how stealth bragging gets you noticed.
- Speak assertively---confidence isn't arrogance.
- Employ humor and charm---your personality is an asset.
- Dating at work---know the consequences.
- Ask forgiveness not permission---take a risk.
What It Takes is packed with real-life workplace examples, practical advice, and strategies on how to work smart, get ahead, and prosper in today's modern workplace.
Title: What It Takes: Speak Up, Step Up, Move Up: A...
Publisher: Macmillan Audio
Binding: Audio CD
Book Condition: Very Good
Book Description Macmillan Audio. Condition: Very Good. . Audio CD. Case Good. Abridged edition. Quality guaranteed! In original artwork/packaging unless otherwise noted. Seller Inventory # C02C-00008
Book Description Macmillan Audio, 2004. Audio CD. Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Seller Inventory # S_196973992
Book Description macmillan Audio, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., 2004. AudioCD. Condition: Good. Buying AUDIO CDs in an original box is always a good value. Unlike library editions, these audio cds are from a private collection. We will also take the time to polish each cd thus ensuring a smooth listening experience. You will receive a nice set consisting of 3 AUDIO CDs in worthwhile condition. Enjoy this listening experience on polished audio cds and then you can share with a friend. Audio Book. Seller Inventory # 413413413413195
Book Description Macmillan Audio, 2004. Audio Book (CD). Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. 3 AUDIO CDs NEW in the shrink wrap. The shrinkwrap has a slight rip. BRAND NEW! Factory sealed. Slight publisher mark to the shrink wrap. GIFT QUALITY. Enjoy the opportunity to listen and give to this worthwhile performance on NEW Audio CDs. Audio Book. Seller Inventory # Naudio603231026
Book Description Macmillan Audio, 2004. Audio CD. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111593976194
Book Description Macmillan Audio, 2004. Audio CD. Condition: Good. Abridged. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be ex-library. Shipping & Handling by region. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 1593976194