We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! j. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Second biggest of the lower 48 states, the Golden State boasts the widest variety of natural landscapes. Each of California's five great landscape regions -- the Sierra Nevada, the Coast Ranges, the Deserts, the Southern Ranges, and the Northern Volcanic Country -- is amply represented in this portfolio of master photographer, Carr Clifton. For California, Clifton picks his favorite hundred from the thousands of pictures he has shot of his native state every year for thirty years.
* The 400-mile-long Sierra Nevada, the highest and most massive of California's topographic features, is represented by images from Desolation Wilderness, Table Mountain, Ward Creek, Plumas National Forest, the Sierra foothills, Yosemite National Park, Ansel Adams Wilderness, Hoover Wilderness, John Muir Wilderness, Mount Williamson, Inyo National Forest, Mount Whitney, Sequoia National Park, and the Tehachapi Mountains.
* The 550-mile-long Coast Ranges, rising abruptly out of the Pacific Ocean to almost 6,000 feet in many places to form a barrier almost as continuous as the Sierra Nevada, are represented by images from Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park, Redwood National Park, Trinidad State Beach, King Range, Mendocino Headlands State Park, Salt Point State Park, Point Reyes National Seashore, Mount Diablo State Park, Big Sur, Carmel Valley, Santa Lucia Range, Temblor Range, and Arenales Wildlife Reserve.
* The Deserts, where elevations fluctuate spectacularly under cloudless skies between extremes of nearly 300 feet below sea level and over 14,000 feet above sea level, are represented by images from Mono Lake, Devils Postpile National Monument, and Death Valley National Park in the Basin and Range; Kelso Sand Dunes and Joshua Tree National Park in the Mojave Desert; and Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and Glamis in the Colorado Desert.
* The Southern Ranges, the northern extremity of a mountain system that extends 800 miles farther south as the Baja California peninsula, is represented by images from the Transverse and Peninsular ranges and their coastlines.
* The Northern Volcanic Country, filled with forest-covered mountains and volcanic plateaus and peaks, is represented by images from Honey Lake State Wildlife Area on the Modoc Plateau; Mount Shasta in the Cascade Range; and Klamath National Forest in the Klamath Mountains.
About the Author: Carr Clifton belongs to the first rank of large-format photographers of the American wilderness. With early encouragement from the legendary environmental photographer, the late Philip Hyde, and from an accomplished broncobuster and artist, his own father the late Delton Clifton, he took a photography degree at Colorado Mountain College. Ranging from Alaska to the Amazon, Clifton relies on skills acquired as a wilderness guide to carry his large-format camera and gear on back-country expeditions lasting months at a time. He was awarded the Theodore Roosevelt Founders Medal for outstanding expeditionary achievement. He received the 2004 Wild and Scenic Environmental Film Festival award for his wilderness adventure documentary, Three Women, Three Hundred Miles, narrated by Meryl Streep. Clifton is the sole photographer of five exhibit-format books and has exhibited at the Roger Tory Peterson Institute, Nikon House, and California Academy of Science. His photographs regularly appear in such magazines as Geo, Life, Outside, Outdoor Photographer, Field & Stream, National Geographic, Smithsonian, Natural History, Audubon, and Sierra. He has long been sole photographer of BrownTrout's Wild & Scenic California calendar. He is a native Californian and lives in the northern Sierra Nevada.
Title: Wild & Scenic California
Publisher: Browntrout Publishers
Publication Date: 1995
Book Condition: Used: Good
Book Description BrownTrout Publishers, Incorporated. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. This book has a light amount of wear to the pages, cover and binding. Bookseller Inventory # G1563136406I3N00
Book Description BrownTrout Publishers, Incorporated. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Book shows a small amount of wear to cover and binding. Some pages show signs of use. Bookseller Inventory # G1563136406I3N00
Book Description Browntrout Publishers. Hardcover. Book Condition: VERY GOOD. Light rubbing wear to cover, spine and page edges. Very minimal writing or notations in margins not affecting the text. Possible clean ex-library copy, with their stickers and or stamp(s). Bookseller Inventory # 2782199535
Book Description BrownTrout Publishers, Incorporated. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Light shelf wear and minimal interior marks. Bookseller Inventory # G1563136406I3N00
Book Description Browntrout Publishers, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. The cover image and date may vary. Possible defects such as light shelving wear may exist. May have minor creasing, writing, stickers and/or residue. COAS Books, A Bookstore for Everyone. Ships Within 24 Hours - Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001077112
Book Description Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # 27717
Book Description Browntrout Publishers, 1995. Book Condition: Very Good. 1st. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP94928423
Book Description Book Condition: very good. 1361 Gramm. Bookseller Inventory # M01563136406-V
Book Description Diesterweg, Ffm., 1967. 8°, Ln.223 S., einige Abb., ordentliches Exemplar Sprache: de 900g 1 Band. Bookseller Inventory # B02169
Book Description Browntrout Publishers. Hardcover. Book Condition: Fine. 1563136406 New Condition. First Edition. Crisp pages and tight binding. Appears unread. Light shelf wear on dust jacket. Bookseller Inventory # PK7-B9SU-S833