Light shelf wear and minimal interior marks. Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: This work has two themes: how the modern state of Israel, the child of Zionism, became its own worst enemy and a threat to the peace of the region and the world; and why the Arab and wider Moslem world is an explosion of frustration and despair waiting for its time to happen.
From the Publisher:
Points of interest:
* Hart may be one of the few persons to have known, many on a friendship basis, most of the main players in the Israel-Palestine conflict.
* Numerous unique insights and new historical data unavailable in existing works on the history of Zionism. He quotes many anti-Zionist Jews--including Albert Lillienthal, Lenni Brenner, Ralph Schoenman.
* First ever account of events to empathize with all sides
* The work is highly documented, citing a wide range of sources (political leadership, mainstream and revisionist scholars and biographers/autobiographies, military intelligence, etc.) from all sides of the spectrum (Israeli, Palestinian, Arab World, US, UK, Europe), produces a unique and authoritative, indeed epic, presentation.
* For years, Alan Hart held a key journalistic role as a Middle East correspondent for BBC and ITV. He had personal access to the thoughts of most of the prominent actors in the Middle East on all sides of the fence, within governments, within liberation movements, and even within military intelligence.
* Hart's political acuity, access to leading actors, broad humanitarianism, and commitment to a resolution of conflict in the Middle East was sufficient for him to be selected as a secret interlocutor between Carter and Peres in an effort to find peace for the region.
Title: Zionism, Vol. 1
Publisher: Upfront Publishing
Book Condition: Good
Book Description Clarity Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Some shelf wear. Satisfaction 100% guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001600295
Book Description Clarity Press, 2009. Book Condition: Used. This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_usedgood_0932863647
Book Description Clarity Press. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Paperback. 338 pages. Dimensions: 8.9in. x 5.9in. x 1.0in.The False Messiah is Volume I of a monumental history of the Israel-Palestine conflict, Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews, by a seasoned reporter with a vast first-hand knowledge of the Middle East. It is the first book to put the struggle for Palestine into its global contextto show how all the pieces of a complicated jig-saw puzzle fit together. Its also the first ever account of events to address the motives, needs, and dilemmas faced by all sides: diaspora Jews real fear of Holocaust II; the Palestinian right to justice and self-determination; the legitimate anger of the Arab masses at American support for Zionism right or wrong; and the inevitable corruption and repression of the regimes of the existing Arab Order who, fearing harsher Israeli assaults, have tried to contain them. As a former BBC Panorama and ITN Middle East correspondent, Alan Hart knew and interviewed most of the main players in the Israel-Palestine conflict (Golda Meir, Moshe Dayan, Shimon Peres, Yasser Arafat and other PLO leaders, George Habash, Nasser, King Hussein of Jordan, King Feisal of Saudi Arabia, and many others). He also exhibits a wealth of research into a full spectrum of viewpoints, to unearth how and by whom the levers of US policy in the Middle East have been pulled from pre-creation of Israel to the end of the Clinton era. Hart takes us well beyond the existing written record, weaving events play by playplayer by player, prying out the motivating factors and sequences of events which the surface flow of official histories leave uncovered, where, truly, the devil is in the details. This series is key to understanding USIsraeli relations as developed over the long term, and who has been the primary determiner of policy in the region. This item ships from multiple locations. Your book may arrive from Roseburg,OR, La Vergne,TN. Paperback. Bookseller Inventory # 9780932863645
Book Description Clarity Press, U.S.A., 2009. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 0018416
Book Description Clarity Pr, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 344 pages. 8.90x6.00x0.70 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0932863647
Book Description Clarity Press, 2009. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0932863647
Book Description Clarity Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0932863647
Book Description World Focus Publishing 2005-01, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: good. 0955020700. Bookseller Inventory # 633997
Book Description Clarity Press, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0932863647