For immediate release
ABEBOOKS.COM 2005 BESTSELLERS RANGE FROM HARRY TO BOO, FROM CLASS TO CHURCH
(Victoria, BC – December 21, 2005) Religion, college textbooks, Dan Brown, Mitch Albom, JK Rowling and Harper Lee’s classic are among AbeBooks.com’s eclectic list of bestselling books in 2005.
Only one of the website’s top 20 titles, Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was actually published in 2005. Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird, which debuted in 1960, remains eternally popular.
The continuing strong demand for religious books propelled the Ultra Trim Bible, The Purpose Driven Life and Conversations with God onto the list, while a management textbook Organizational Behavior, used by thousands of business students, makes the top 10. In all, 30 textbooks appeared on the top 100 list, a figure that illustrates the continuing growth in online sales of used and new textbooks.
AbeBooks.com is the world’s largest online marketplace for new, used, rare and out-of-print books with an inventory exceeding 70 million books. It attracts millions of visitors each month and will celebrate its 10th anniversary next June.
AbeBooks’ bestselling books in 2005:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- Organizational Behavior by Stephen P Robbins
- Ultra Trim Bible
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Kidd Monk
- Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch
- Fish!: A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results by Stephen Lundin
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- The Norton Anthology of English Literature by MH Abrams
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
- Productions/Operations Management by William J Stevenson
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson
- Microbiology by Lansing M Prescott et al
AbeBooks.com is the world’s largest online marketplace for books, with over 70 million new, used, rare, and out-of-print titles listed for sale by more than 13,000 independent booksellers from around the world. AbeBooks has millions of customers who collectively purchase around 20,000 books a day from its 5 global websites (AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.fr and Iberlibro.com). A true internet success story, AbeBooks.com has been selling books online since 1996, and is a private company based in Victoria, BC Canada, with offices in Germany and Spain. Internet Retailer magazine ranked AbeBooks at No. 58 among North American online retailers in June 2005.
Richard Davies, PR & Publicity Mgr., AbeBooks.com
Office Ph: 250-412-3238 / cell 250-514-9160 / email firstname.lastname@example.org