About this Item
List of about 100 proprietors. To be The company of the Thames and Severn canal Navigation. Near or to; Hayley Wood, Sapperton. Not use springs at Sapperton but under Lord Bathursts direction, a feeder through his gardens, a pipe to the house from Jenour's mill. Through lands of Edward Eliot, in parish of Eisey and Latton. Robert Whitworth surveyor. Noted places or names. Rother Leys, near Shire ditch, of Edward Fletcher, Rother Mead, other closes called the Home Ground, Thomas Bush, Lower Leys, Lower Leaze, Blackwell's Lower Leaze, Long Mead, Southam Mead, Fairford Lane, Cricklade, Broad Close, Court Fields, Latton, William Hill, Glasse's Mill, Susannah Humphreys, William Stephens, Charles Snell, William Smart, Maurice Gleed, Richard Matthews, Thomas Ware, Oldbury, Johnson's Close, Cerney Wick, Wick Moors, Atterson's Closes, Muddleford, Thomas Griffin, Richard Watts, Peter Watts, Nathaniel Watts, Nathaniel Winchcomb, John Partridge, Peter Leversage, Charles Balengar, Giles Rodway, Vasey, Lewis. First meeting of Proprietors to be at the London Tavern 24 June 1783. Tolls charged similar to others. Masters to put names on their boats, and measured. e.t.c. Pamphlet, Act of Parliament, hand made linen rag paper, disbound with usual glue and stitching residue from nonce volume of that year. Seller Inventory # 855
Contact seller
Report this item