Fundamental Neuroscience is the only comprehensive text that defines the full scope of neuroscience. Developed in accordance with results of extensive reviews by neuroscience instructors, and in cooperation with the Association of Neuroscience Departments and Programs (ANDP), this text is divided into seven integrated sections. Each section may be used for a specific course, or the full text may be adopted to provide a broad-based curriculum that will carry the student from molecular to cognitive neuroscience.
* Written by approximately 100 authors who are specialists in their field; careful editing ensures a uniform style and cross-referencing
* Prepared in cooperation with the Association of Neuroscience Departments and Programs
* Internationally renowned editorial board
* Developed in accordance with results of careful, extensive reviews by neuroscience instructors
* Comprehensive coverage of molecular, cellular, developmental, organismal, behavioral, and cognitive neuroscience
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The third edition of Fundamental Neuroscience reinvents itself as an engrossing and comprehensive presentation of the discipline of neuroscience, from molecules to cognition. Thorough but succinct, and lavishly illustrated, the book builds from an introductory section that includes fundamental neuroanatomy and goes on to cover cellular and molecular neuroscience, development, sensory systems, motor systems, regulatory systems, and closes with a section on behavioral and cognitive neuroscience. More concise and manageable than the previous edition, this book has been retooled to better serve its audience in the neuroscience and medical communities.
The chapters include boxes describing clinical conditions associated with each topic, rather than separately covering clinical issues outside the subject matter in which they arise. Each chapter went through a thorough review process, giving the book an evenness of tone. The chapters are authored by outstanding working scientists who are experts on the topics they cover.
Artwork available free on website
Test bank and more available for instructors by registering at
This updated second edition of the highly successful textbook Fundamental Neuroscience, builds on the strengths of the first edition by expanding the existing sections, providing better cross-referencing and a more cohesive presentation of the information. The thoroughly revised text features over 25% new material including completely new chapters, illustrations, and a CD-ROM containing all the figures from the text. More concise and manageable than the previous edition, this book has been retooled to better serve its audience in the neuroscience and medical communities.
* Logically organized into 7 sections, with uniform editing of the content for a "one-voice" feel throughout all 54 chapters
* Includes numerous text boxes with concise, detailed descriptions of specific experiments, disorders, methodological approaches, and concepts
* Well-illustrated with over 850 full color figures, also included on the accompanying CD-ROM
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0127808701 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0042169
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110127808701
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0127808701