This package contains the following components:
-0137034253: Social Studies in Elementary Education
-0132598515: MyEducationLab Pegasus
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A wealth of content, strategies, tools, and resources for teaching K-8 social studies, this text is a must-have resource for your classroom. Written by one of the foremost leaders in Social Studies education, Walter C. Parker, this fourteenth edition of Social Studies in Elementary Education presents elements of a strong social studies curriculum, effective teaching methods, and an array of field-tested examples, exercises, activities, and lesson plans. Written with clarity, a friendly tone, and the solid content of previous editions, this new edition includes
· Greater emphasis on teaching English Learners and differentiating instruction for all learners.
· Coverage of current trends including the implications of the global achievement gap and it connection to the 21st Century Skills movement.
· Connections to children’s literature, now with icons for quick reference.
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice
Register for MyEducationLab today at
MyEducationLab is an online learning tool that provided resources to help you develop the knowledge and skills you’ll need to be a successful teacher. All of the activities and exercises in MyEducationLab are built around essential learning outcomes for teachers. The site provides you with the opportunities both to study your course content and to practice the teaching skills you need to excel as a teacher. With MyEducationLab, you will be able to do the following:
· Use Lesson Planning Software to develop high-quality lesson plans. The software also makes it easy to integrate your state’s content standards into all of your lesson plans.
· Practice applying what you’re learning in interactive exercises and simulations including the Building Teaching Skills exercises.
· Respond to real classroom situations and education issues as you analyze classroom video, case studies, and authentic student and teacher artifacts.
· Use the National Council for Social Studies Standards Sampler to identify, plan and apply the revised curriculum standards of the National council for the Social Studies to daily classroom instruction.
· Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text and receive an individualized study plan that identifies your strength and weaknesses and provides you with the resources you need to deeply understand the concepts covered in the class.
· Locate your teacher certification test requirements, read descriptions of what the tests cover, and answer sample questions.
To start using MyEducationLab, activate the access code packaged with your book. If your instructor did not make MyEducationLab a required part of your course, or if you are purchasing a used book without an access code, go to www.myeducationlab.com to purchase access to this invaluable resource!About the Author:
I teach in the College of Education at the University of Washington in Seattle where I chair the Social Studies Education Program. I study K—12 social studies education and, in particular, the civic development of youth. I’m especially interested in the ways civic education, multicultural education, and global education overlap. My other books are Renewing the Social Studies Curriculum (1991); Educating the Democratic Mind (1996); Education for Democracy: Contexts, Curricula, and Assessments (2002); Teaching Democracy: Unity and Diversity in Public Life (2003); and Social Studies Today: Research & Practice (2010). I am the editor of the ‘Research and Practice’ column for Social Education, the flagship journal of the National Council for the Social Studies.
I was born and raised in Englewood, Colorado, on Denver’s south side, and taught school for ten years in Adams County on Denver’s north side. I earned the B.A. in Political Science (University of Colorado, Boulder), the M.A. in Social Foundations of Education (University of Colorado, Denver), and the Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction (University of Washington, Seattle). I live in Seattle with the rain and my wife, Sheila Valencia.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Allyn & Bacon, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Satisfaction 100% guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001523226
Book Description Allyn & Bacon, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: Used: Good. We ship International with Tracking Number! May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! j. Bookseller Inventory # 0132665239D