Nursing Care Plans: Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention
This compilation of care plans for the most commonly encountered clinical problems reflects the most current practice and professional standards in nursing. Written by practicing nurses for students and/or clinicians, it includes 195 nursing care plans - making it the most comprehensive care plan book available! This new fifth edition focuses on evidence-based practice and covers adult lifespan and healthcare issues.
- Preformatted care plans for 137 common medical-surgical disorders are included.
- The components of care plans are explained - the NOC and NIC classifications, creating nursing care plans, how to use critical paths and how they are linked to care plans, and tools for performance improvement.
- 58 additional nursing diagnosis care plans provide a solid basis for creating customized patient plans of care.
- Includes expanded home care and community-based care.
- Synonyms are highlighted below the main care plan, and all commonly known terms for disorders are included in the index.
- Related to factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for independent and collaborative nursing diagnoses are featured in each care plan.
- Collaborative versus independent interventions are indicated by two distinct icons.
- Care plans are organized by body system for easy reference.
- 16 new care plans and two new chapters on health care plans for men's and women's health have been added.
- Updated content includes expanded cancer coverage and revised and expanded rationales.
- Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) have been added for each nursing/collaborative diagnosis.
- NANDA Taxonomy II terminology is used throughout with terms listed on the inside back cover.
- A new, more colorful design presents care plans in an attractive and accessible format.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Written by practicing nurses for students and clinicians with 195 care plans focusing on evidence-based practice
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.