Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination, 7th Edition
Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination is a comprehensive textbook of physical examination, history-taking, and health assessment with a unique emphasis on differential diagnosis and variations across the lifespan. The book conveys a uniquely compassionate, patient-centered approach to physical examination with a strong evidence-based foundation.
- Clinical Pearls boxes give brief clinical insights with expert tips on techniques, findings, and patient teaching.
- Mnemonic boxes deliver engaging auditory, visual, and other memory cues to help you remember series of assessment or exam steps.
- Physical Variations boxes detail multicultural considerations for assessing patients from diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
- Staying Well boxes describe holistic approaches to health promotion and patient teaching.
- Risk Factors boxes highlight modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors for a variety of conditions.
- Differential Diagnosis boxes give comparisons of expected findings for similar conditions and explain how disease presentations vary.
- Physical Examination boxes provide current data on the most effective techniques for delivering quality patient care.
- Functional Assessment boxes focus on the patient’s functional abilities and present a holistic approach to patient care.
- Downloadable text and PDA summaries allow for quick review of the key steps in each system exam.
- Dynamic learning exercises on the companion website test your knowledge and provide instant feedback on your progress.
- Updates throughout reflect the latest research findings and evidence-based practice for techniques, normal and abnormal findings, genetics, and assessment.
- 60 video clips demonstrate exam techniques for each system and are downloadable for use on Video iPod devices.
- 25 new anatomy and physiology animations provide narrated explanations of processes beneath the skin.
- New audio chapter summaries, downloadable for use on MP3 players, offer a convenient way to review key content on the go.
- New 3-column tables featuring Pathophysiology, Subjective Data, and Objective Data provide an illustrated reference that allows for quick and accurate comparisons.
- 75 new illustrations and dozens of new photos of normal and abnormal findings help to clarify anatomic concepts and exam techniques.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.