Dr. Lester’s Manual of Surgical Pathology, 3rd Edition offers complete, practical guidance on the evaluation of the surgical pathology specimen, from its arrival in the department to preparation of the final report. Inside, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on specimen processing, tissue handling, gross dissection technique, histological examination, application of special stains, development of a differential diagnosis, and more. This thoroughly revised New Edition integrates cutting-edge procedures well as the latest staging and classification information. Coverage of the latest standards and procedures for the laboratory and handling of surgical pathology specimens are valuable assets to pathologists, pathology assistants, and anyone working in a pathology laboratory. Plus, with Expert Consult functionality, you’ll have easy access to the full text online as well as all of the book’s illustrations and links to Medline.
· Features more than 150 tables that examine the interpretation of histochemical stains, immunohistochemical studies, electron microscopy findings, cytogenetic changes, and much more.
· Presents a user-friendly design, concise paragraphs, numbered lists, and bulleted material throughout the text that makes information easy to find.
· Offers detailed instructions on the dissection, description, and sampling of specimens.
· Includes useful guidance on operating room consultations, safety, microscope use, and error prevention.
· Explains the application of pathology reports to patient management.
· Discusses how to avoid frequent errors and pitfalls in pathology specimen processing.
· Comes with access to expertconsult.com where you’ll find the fully searchable text and all of the book’s illustrations.
· Includes all updates from the last three revisions of the Brigham & Women's Hospital in-house handbook, ensuring you have the best knowledge available.
· Features new and updated tables in special studies sections, particularly immunohistochemistry with an increased number of antibodies covered, keeping you absolutely up to date.
· Provides new tables that cover the histologic appearance of viruses and fungi and a table covering the optical properties of commonly seen noncellular material for easy reference.
· Incorporates the TNM classification systems from the new 7th edition AJCC manual, including additional guidelines for the assessment of critical pathologic features.
· Presents four new full size illustrations by Dr. Christopher French and Mr. Shogun G. Curtis, as well as 39 illustrations for the new tables on viruses, fungi, and noncellular material to aid in their recognition.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Susan C. Lester, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Director, Breast Pathology Services, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MAReview:
"Lester (pathology, Harvard Medical School) provides a manual of surgical pathology procedures organized by body region, along with information on processing, the lab, reports, safety, errors, and special studies. This edition has new and updated tables for immunochemistry, histologic appearance of viruses and fungi, and the optical properties of commonly seen noncellular material; the recommendations for American Joint Commission on Cancer classification and guidelines for the assessment of critical pathologic features; new tables for central nervous system tumors, lung carcinomas, fibroblastic/myofibroblastic lesions of the breast, signet ring cell carcinomas, metastatic carcinomas to the abdomen, and others; and evaluation of microsatellite instability in colon carcinomas. Online access to the full text and abstracts is included."
- Book News, Inc.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. Softcover Book, Condition: New. 3rd Edition. [Please Read Carefully Before Buying], This Is An International Edition. Printed In Black and White. 608 Pages, Book Cover And ISBN No May Be Different From US Edition. Restricted Sales Disclaimer Wordings Not For Sales In USA And Canada May Be Printed On The Cover Of The Book. Standard Shipping 7-14 Business Days. Expedited Shiping 4-8 Business Days. ***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.*** The Books May Be Ship From Overseas For Inventory Purpose. Bookseller Inventory # 372492
Book Description Saunders. Book Condition: New. 0323065163 This is an International Edition. Brand New, Paperback, Delivery within 6-14 business days, Similar Contents as U.S Edition, ISBN and Cover design may differ, printed in Black & White. Choose Expedited shipping for delivery within 3-8 business days. We do not ship to PO Box, APO , FPO Address. In some instances, subjects such as Management, Accounting, Finance may have different end chapter case studies and exercises. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label "Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada" and "Content may different from U.S. Edition" - printed only to discourage U.S. students from obtaining an affordable copy. The U.S. Supreme Court has asserted your right to purchase international editions, and ruled on this issue. Access code/CD is not provided with these editions , unless specified. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe, including India depending upon the availability of inventory storage. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # SU9780323065160
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. New Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Bookseller Inventory # 24156
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Paperback International Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-67911
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. This is an International Edition Brand New Paperback Same Title Author and Edition as listed. ISBN and Cover design differs. Similar Contents as U.S Edition. Standard Delivery within 6-14 business days ACROSS THE GLOBE. We can ship to PO Box address in US. International Edition Textbooks may bear a label "Not for sale in the U.S. or Canada" or "For sale in Asia only" or similar restrictions- printed only to discourage students from obtaining an affordable copy. US Court has asserted your right to buy and use International edition. Access code/CD may not provided with these editions. We may ship the books from multiple warehouses across the globe including Asia depending upon the availability of inventory. Printed in English. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # UA9780323065160
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Paperback International Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-67911
Book Description 2010. PAP. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # TE-9780323065160
Book Description Saunders, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0323065163
Book Description Saunders, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0323065163
Book Description Saunders, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0323065163