This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This survey of advanced chemistry covers 600 reactions, describing their scope, limitations and mechanism. Also included are sections on the mechanisms of the important reaction types and the structure and stereochemistry of organic compounds and reactive intermediates.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Revised and updated to reflect the growth in the field, it covers the three fundamental aspects of the study of organic chemistry--reactions, mechanisms and structure. Part One explores the structure of organic compounds, providing the necessary background for understanding mechanisms. Part Two discusses reactions and mechanisms. Organized by reaction type, each of these chapters discusses the basic mechanisms along with reactivity and orientation as well as the scope and mechanisms of each reaction.From the Back Cover:
After four editions, it's still the reference students and professionals count on. Advanced Organic Chemistry Fourth Edition Only one reference has brought consistently incisive, up-to date, and comprehensive coverage of the most useful reactions in organic chemistry directly to the fingertips of both students and professionals: Advanced Organic Chemistry. Organized by reaction type, a feature that makes clear the basic principles underlying the nearly 580 reactions described, Advanced Organic Chemistry offers instant access to each reaction's scope, limitations, and mechanisms. Balancing timely detail and informative breadth, this new updated Fourth Edition:
* Describes the structure of organic compounds, including chemical bonding and stereochemistry
* Reviews general reaction mechanisms, including ordinary reactions and photochemical reactions
* Includes a survey of reactions, arranged by reaction type and by which bonds are broken and formed
* Includes IUPAC's newest system for designating reaction mechanisms
* Features an index to the methods used for preparing given types of compounds
* Contains more than 15,000 references-5,000 new to this edition-to original papers
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think_cr2_0471854727
Book Description Condition: New. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in NEW condition. Seller Inventory # 0471854727-2-1