Financial Management for Nurse Managers and Executives
Covering the financial topics all nurse managers need to know and use, this book explains how financial management fits into the healthcare organization. You'll study accounting principles, cost analysis, planning and control management of the organization's financial resources, and the use of management tools. In addition to current issues, this edition also addresses future directions in financial management.
- Chapter goals and an introduction begin each chapter.
- Each chapter ends with Implications For The Nurse Manager and Key Concepts, to reinforce understanding.
- Key Concepts include definitions of terms discussed in each chapter.
- A comprehensive glossary with all key terms is available on companion Evolve® website.
- Two chapter-ending appendixes offer additional samples to reinforce chapter content.
- Four NEW chapters are included: Quality, Costs and Financing; Revenue Budgeting; Variance Analysis: Examples, Extensions, and Caveats; and Benchmarking, Productivity, and Cost-Benefit and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis.
- The new Medicare prescription bill is covered, with its meaning for healthcare providers, managers, and executives.
- Coverage now includes the transition from the role of bedside or staff nurse to nurse manager and nurse executive.
- Updated information includes current nursing workforce issues and recurring nursing shortages.
- Updates focus on health financing and the use of computers in budgeting and finance.
- New practice problems are included.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.