· This short supplementary textbook will help all students who use research in writing, from those writing a short essay with a few sources to those writing a full-scale major research paper.
· The easy-to-follow advice will have students writing better research papers right away.
· Detailed, example-filled instruction about proper source use and citation gives students all the information they need to avoid unintentional plagiarism.
· Focusing on practical and effective strategies for incorporating sources, the book teaches students how to:
· add strength to their argument and interest to their writing through the skillful use of sources
· select, evaluate, and prepare sources for use
· avoid plagiarism through the proper use of quotation, paraphrase, summary, and citation
· Activities at the end of each chapter help students internalize their newly acquired skills. An instructor’s answer key is included, making it easy to start using this book right away.
· The examples in the book are presented in both APA and MLA citation styles, though the book will be a useful resource regardless of the particular style of citation and bibliography you require in your classes.
· Helps your students learn how to avoid plagiarism while they discover techniques for writing better research papers.
· Updated APA and MLA citation styles and material on research strategies and source selection (Chapter 2), quoting sources effectively (Chapter 4), and grammar and mechanics (Chapter 9).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111884585930
Book Description Routledge. Book Condition: Brand New. Ships SAME or NEXT business day. We Ship to APO/FPO addr. Choose EXPEDITED shipping and receive in 2-5 business days within the United States. See our member profile for customer support contact info. We have an easy return policy. Bookseller Inventory # 42721129
Book Description Routledge. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1884585930 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0861236
Book Description Pyrczak Pub, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1884585930