This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Based on her belief that adults need to have realistic expectations of children, Marian Marion's Guidance of Young Children emphasizes understanding young children's development, using a developmentally appropriate approach to guidance, and thinking critically in making wise guidance decisions. social-emotional development, guiding children during routines and transitions, Revised presentation on child development, methods of observing, Expanded and revised coverage on theories, theoretical application to constructing physical environments For Early Childhood Educators teaching courses on Guidance & Management of Young Children.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This early childhood text successfully blends child guidance theory and research with specific, positive guidance strategies. In Part I, the author discusses child development, caregiving styles, and techniques of direct and indirect guidance. Part II explores the goals of child guidance: To help children develop coping skills, achieve self-esteem, and master self-management. In Part III, child guidance theories are examined, and the final chapter features a model for creating an eclectic, personalized guidance style.From the Back Cover:
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
· Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
– Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
– The study plan links to text excerpts activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
· Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
· Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
· Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
· Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
· Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think0137034024
Book Description Paperback. Condition: Brand New. New. Seller Inventory # DH pb 29pg1482to1781-9630
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-0137034024
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # EX-0137034024
Book Description Pearson. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0137034024 New Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z0137034024ZN