About This Edition
- Case examples are now highlighted and identified with the label "Case in Point," making it easy to locate, discuss, and refer back to these useful learning tools.
- Included in selected chapters, all-new Shifting Legal Priorities features encourage critical thinking and illustrate how the law is constantly evolving in response to both technological developments and the needs and concerns of society and business, with a special emphasis on sustainability, ethical trends, and changing managerial responsibilities.
- Reviewing features, found at the end of every chapter, now conclude with Debate This! segments that provide a statement or question regarding the chapter material, making it easy to spur class discussion or develop worthwhile written assignments.
- All Shifting Legal Priorities features and selected cases conclude with a short section entitled Managerial Implications, which explores key concepts from a real-world management perspective.
- Coverage of e-contracts; insurance, wills, and trusts; professional liability and accountability; and international law has been relocated and reorganized to better aid student comprehension and provide a more natural sequence of topics.
- A new chapter on mortgages and foreclosures in the wake of the global recession includes material on mortgages, mortgage foreclosure, litigation, mortgage-backed securities, valuation, and what people thought was negotiable.
- Expanded and revised material in several chapters provides more current and complete coverage of cybercrime, securities and corporate governance (especially in light of the global economic crisis), business examples of intentional torts and privacy, Ponzi schemes (including Bernie Madoff), and the role of zoning in real property and landlord-tenant relationships.
- The 12th Edition lives up to this text's strong reputation for outstanding selection and editing of cases, with the return of many classic cases from earlier editions, as well as many new cases and case problems from 2010.
- The current edition has been extensively reorganized, refined, and updated to include coverage of the most recent and significant legal developments and court decisions, as well as to make the material exceptionally accurate and engaging.
Explore additional features of Business Law: Text and Cases - Legal, Ethical, Global, and Corporate Environment
Explore this title's supplements:
Study Guide for "Business Law: Text and Cases" (12th Edition)
Student Guide to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Second Edition)
About the Author
Roger LeRoy Miller has served on the faculty of several universities, including the University of Washington, Clemson University, and the University of Miami School of Law. As a professor, he has taught intellectual property law and entertainment law, among other subjects. A widely published and respected author, his work has appeared in the Insurance Counsel Journal, Defense Research, California Trial Lawyers Journal, Antitrust Bulletin, Wisconsin Law Review, and Connecticut Law Review. Professor Miller completed his studies at the University of California at Berkeley and University of Chicago.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.