This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Health Care USA, Eighth Edition Includes Navigate Advantage Access, offers students of health administration, public health, medicine, and related fields a wide-ranging overview of America's health care system.
Combining historical perspective with analysis of current trends, this expanded edition charts the evolution of modern American health care, providing a complete examination of its organization and delivery while offering critical insight into the issues that the U.S. health system faces today.
From a physician-dominated system to one defined by managed care and increasingly sophisticated technology, this essential text explains the transformation underway and the professional, political, social, and economic forces that guide it today and will in the future.
Balanced in perspective and comprehensive in its coverage, Health Care USA, Eighth Edition, provides students with a clearly organized, straightforward illustration of the complex structures, relationships and processes of this rapidly growing industry, including thoroughly updated information throughout, on the progress and impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The Eighth Edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect recent developments in this dynamic industry. The latest edition features:
· A comprehensive overview of the complex and evolving U.S. health care system, plus revised data, material and analysis throughout.
· Updated information on the progress and impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
· New information on the efforts of hospitals to reduce medical errors, such as the Institute for Health Care Improvement's 100,000 Lives Initiative
· Update Department of Labor estimates of number and types of health care personnel.
· Provide an historical overview of Medicare and Medicaid programs: definitions and history
· Explain the role of Managed Care as the primary mode of US health insurance coverage
· Updated long term care industry trends
· A thoroughly revised chapter on Mental Health services including a new discussion of preventive behavioral services, and recent developments from the "Freedom Commission on Mental Health"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Professor Emeritus, Social and Preventative Medicine, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Dean Emeritus, School of Public Health and Health Professions, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB1284065480
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1284065480
Book Description Paperback. Condition: Brand New. New. Seller Inventory # DH PB29pg552to851-25635
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. NEW TEXTBOOK-SHIPS WITH EMAILED TRACKING. Seller Inventory # Sep18-9781284065480
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 8th pap/psc edition. 586 pages. 9.00x6.00x1.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk1284065480
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1284065480 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Seller Inventory # Z1284065480ZN