Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Updated Edition: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 6e (Abbas, Cellular and Molecular Immunology)
Cellular and Molecular Immunology, by Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Andrew H. Lichtman, MD, PhD and Shiv Pillai, MD, offers an exceptionally lucid guide to the latest immunology concepts! Readers worldwide have appreciated the book's in-depth yet straightforward, richly illustrated approach to this complex subject. Now, sweeping updates incorporate the latest discoveries about innate immunity, the organization of lymphoid organs, and many other cutting-edge topics. Plus, online access via Student Consult makes this an even more powerful learning resource!
- Clearly explains the experimental observations that form the basis for the science of immunology at the molecular, cellular, and whole-organism levels-and the conclusions that can be drawn from those observations.
- Highlights the implications of immunologic science for the management of human disease, emphasizing the clinical relevance of the material.
- Offers access to the complete contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com to help students prepare for coursework and exams.
- Innate immunity chapter has been increased and moved to the beginning of the book to reflect how this area is newly recognized as a critical part of immunology.
- New material has been added on:
- recognition of microbial products by cytoplasmic and membrane sensors
- intricate organization of lymphoid tissues
- functional heterogeneity of subsets of dendritic cells and lymphocytes
- roles of regulatory cells and inhibitory pathways in immune regulation.
- Provides a wealth of excellent full-color photographs and illustrations that enable you to visualize immunologic processes quickly.
- Includes highlighted "take-home messages" that make it easy to review key information.
- Features instructor resources such including an Image Collection and new 250 question Test Bank on Evolve
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.