This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
FACT: Your brain is being controlled-and you don't even know it.
Because if you think the ads you're seeing today are just pretty pictures with nice, creative copy, you're mistaken. Truth is, you are being powerfully influenced by dozens of proven scientific principles of advertising psychology... little-known techniques of consumer persuasion that go completely unnoticed by the buying public. And they're causing you--and millions like you--to spend enormous amounts of money every day on countless products and services.
But what are these principles? How do they work? And how can you use them in your own advertising?
Prepare yourself for a unique learning experience as author Drew Eric Whitman takes you on a wild, roller-coaster ride through the streets of New York's famed Madison Avenue and teaches you the specific psychological techniques that today's top copywriters and designers use to influence the masses... and how you can use them to rapidly increase your sales, no matter what you sell.
In 207 fast-moving pages, Whitman teaches you dozens of well-guarded secrets that he learned during his 30+ years in the ad business, including:
* How to Push Your Prospects' Hot Buttons in Every Ad, Sales Letter, or Email--It's not hard to do once you know the secret.
* Why Developing Your "USP" Can Leave Your Competition in the Dust--It's the quickest way to instantly begin out-marketing your competitors. (And they'll never know what hit them.)
* Why You Don't Need a Degree in Business to Create Great Ads--But there is one thing you MUST know or your ads will likely fail miserably.
* How to Develop a Powerful Ad-Agency Mindset--What the pros know about consumer buying behavior and how you can use it to your advantage.
* How to Save $600 for Every $1,000 You Spend on Ads--This idea alone is worth infinitely more than the price of this book...and you can start using it immediately.
* The Amazing 5-Second, No-Fail Headline Test--Chances are your ads, emails, websites and other promotional materials fail this test every time. One small change boosts your response.
* What a Good Ad Should "Feel" Like--How to connect to readers on a deep, emotional level.
* How to Install Persuasive Images in People's Brains--Learn how to direct how people think about your products and services.
* Why People Really Buy Your Product or Service--Sorry, but it's not what you think. (But you better know the reason... or else.)
* Where to Always Put Your Biggest Benefit--Miss this and you're flushing your ad dollars down the toilet.
* How to Write "Dragon-Slayer" Headlines that Get Read and Get Response--Tons of examples you can "steal" for your own ads.
* Long vs. Short Copy: Which Is Really Best for Response? Don't believe the lies! We'll set the record straight and you'll learn to cash-in.
* How to Use the Devilishly Effective Pyramid Principal--Lure readers into your ads by understanding human eyeball behavior.
* 22 Tested and Proven Headline Prescriptions you can start using RIGHT NOW.
* How to Turn Ordinary Words in "Money-Magnet" Copy that motivates, influences, persuades. (Yes, you can really do it.)
* Put Your Copy Here and Boost Readership by 10-200%--Why doesn't everyone do this?
* 10 Sure-Fire Ways to Start Writing Your Ads--So easy, it's almost automatic.
* How to Cause People to Mentally Demonstrate Your Products... Before They Buy.
* How Emotional Words Melt Sales Resistance a Red-Hot Knife Through Butter.
* "Sneaky" Ad-Design Psychology Tricks that Work Like Magic--Start using them tonight.
* Typestyles that Actually REDUCE Readership--Are you using them?
* This "Evil" Design Sin Depresses Your Readership Up to 50%--Do you do it?
* Widely Used Typeface LOWERS Comprehension Up to 67%--Are you using it?
* The Eye-Grabbing "Advertising Guillotine"--The one image humans can't resist.
* And Much More
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Want Better Results from Your Advertising?
Ad Expert Drew Eric Whitman Says...
"I'll Teach You More About How to Create
Powerfully Effective Money-Making Advertising
than Your Competitors Will Know
in Their Entire Careers... Guaranteed!"
Did you ever see a magician "saw a lady in half?" A sword swallower gobble down a 28" blade? A swami walk barefooted over a bed of fiery-hot coals?
These tricks are amazing. Mind-boggling. And seemingly impossible. But the truth is... if you knew the secrets behind them, you could do them too.
Creating Effective Advertising
Is No Different!
Because just like those uncanny magicians, today's advertising experts have special "tricks" of their own. They use consumer psychology. Powerful methods that influence people to read their ads... and buy like crazy. In fact, New York's biggest ad agencies use these tactics every day. And it doesn't matter what their clients sell... these tricks work for every business. Plus, they're 100% legal, ethical, and very powerful.
Ready to Learn the Secrets?
I'm Ready to Teach You!
Invest a few tax-deductible* dollars in this fun, fast, and easy-to-read book. In these fast-reading pages, I arm you with techniques that can help make your competition virtually "disappear." I teach you how to turn weak, ineffective ads, brochures, sales letters, flyers, emails and websites into psychologically potent money-makers that help boost your business fast. No special skills are required. And most tricks cost nothing to use. Once you know the secrets, it's easy!
Meet you inside the book! [HANDSHAKE]
Drew Eric Whitman
P.S. I knew you'd read this P.S. How? Because the P.S. is one of the most important parts of any sales letter... and it's often read first... before the body copy. Always use the P.S. to restate your offer here... repeat your contact information... and push your prospect to take action! Now, turn the page and start reading!
* Consult your tax advisor
Drew Eric Whitman (a.k.a. "Dr. Direct") is known internationally as a dynamic consultant and trainer who smashes old advertising myths like a china-shop bull. Teaching the psychology behind the response for more than 23 years, he worked for the direct-marketing division of the largest ad agency in Philadelphia, was senior copywriter for the country's leading direct-to-the-consumer insurance company, and associate copy chief for catalog giant Day-Timers. His work has been used by companies ranging from small retail shops to giant, multi-million dollar corporations, including: the Advertising Specialty Institute, American Legion, Amoco, and Texaco. His intensive AdPOWER! Clinic teaches business people how to use consumer psychology to boost the effectiveness of their ads, brochures, sales letters, Websites, and more. Whitman lives in Palm Desert, California. Visit the author's site for more info at cashvertising.com.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Career Press 11/15/2008, 2008. Paperback or Softback. Condition: New. Cashvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone. Book. Seller Inventory # BBS-9781601630322
Book Description Career Press, 2008. Soft Cover. Condition: new. Seller Inventory # 9781601630322
Book Description Weiser, 2008. Condition: New. BRAND NEW, GIFT QUALITY! NOT OVERSTOCKS OR MARKED UP REMAINDERS! DIRECT FROM THE PUBLISHER!|VCF. Seller Inventory # OTF-Y-9781601630322
Book Description Weiser, 2008. Paperback. Condition: New. . Seller Inventory # 530ZZZ00GPER_ns
Book Description Weiser, 2008. Condition: New. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in NEW condition. Seller Inventory # 1601630328-2-1
Book Description Weiser, 2008. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # 1601630328
Book Description Career Press, United States, 2008. Paperback. Condition: New. Language: English. Brand new Book. Barely one in a hundred businesspeople knows these facts about creating powerful advertising. Do You? FACT! Sixty percent of people read only headlines. Your headline must stop them or your advertising will likely fail.FACT! Captions under photos get 200 percent greater readership than non-headline copy.FACT! Ads with sale prices draw 20 percent more attention.FACT! Half-page ads pull about 70 percent of full-page ads; quarter-page ads pull about 50 percent of full-page ads.FACT! Four-color ads are up to 45 percent more effective than black and white. New York's biggest ad agencies use dozens of these little-known secrets every day to influence people to buy. And now--thanks to Cashvertising--you can, too. And it won't matter one bit whether you're a corporate giant or a mom-and-pop pizza shop. These techniques are based on human psychology. They work no matter where you're located, no matter what kind of product or service you sell, and no matter where you advertise. In fact, most don't cost a penny to use. Like a wild roller-coaster ride through the streets of Madison Avenue, Cashvertising teaches you the tips, tricks, and strategies that New York's top gun copywriters and designers use to persuade people to buy like crazy. No matter what you sell--or how you sell it, this practical, fast-paced book will teach you: How to create powerful ads, brochures, sales letters, Websites, and moreHow to make people believe what you saySneaky ways to persuade people to respondEffective tricks for writing magnetic headlinesWhat mistakes to avoid.at all costs!What you should always/never do in your adsExpert formulas, guidance, tips and strategies. Seller Inventory # AAC9781601630322
Book Description Weiser, 2008. Condition: New. . Seller Inventory # 52YZZZ00B95T_ns
Book Description Weiser, 2008. Condition: New. . Seller Inventory # 531ZZZ00B8P0_ns
Book Description Weiser, 2008. Condition: New. . Seller Inventory # 533ZZZ00B8MB_ns