This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Nursing Assisting: A Foundation in Caregiving, 4e
by Diana Dugan RN (Author)
ISBN-13: 978-1604250619 ISBN-10: 1604250615 Edition: 4th
The fourth edition of this comprehensive nursing assistant training textbook is organized by body system, which gives students a context for learning. Here is important information about the latest edition:
- Chapters are organized around body systems (structure and function, normal changes of aging, and common diseases and related care are grouped together).
- Many new photos and website references were added.
- Material regarding infection prevention and Alzheimer's disease material was updated and expanded.
- Information about residents' legal rights, as well as how to reinforce person-centered care, may be found throughout the book in highly visible blue boxes.
- New diseases, disorders, and conditions and related care information were added. Pressure ulcer material was significantly updated, including new photos and illustrations.
- Chapter review sections now contain multiple choice questions, along with short answer questions.
- The page count remained the same from the last edition to this edition.
- There is a hardback version of this book.
1 The Nursing Assistant in Long-Term Care
2 Ethical and Legal Issues
3 Communication Skills
4 Communication Challenges
5 Diversity and Human Needs and Development
6 Infection Prevention
7 Safety and Body Mechanics
8 Emergency Care, First Aid, and Disasters
9 Admission, Transfer, Discharge, and Physical Exams
10 Bedmaking and Unit Care
11 Positioning, Moving, and Lifting
12 Personal Care
13 Vital Signs
14 Nutrition and Fluid Balance
15 The Gastrointestinal System
16 The Urinary System
17 The Reproductive System
18 The Integumentary System
19 The Circulatory or Cardiovascular System
20 The Respiratory System
21 The Musculoskeletal System
22 The Nervous System
23 The Endocrine System
24 The Immune and Lymphatic Systems and Cancer
25 Rehabilitation and Restorative Care
26 Subacute Care
27 End-of-Life Care
28 Your New Position
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Hartman Publishing began offering in-service education programs to long-term care facilities and home health agencies in 1994. Students and teachers using our materials benefit from a company focused solely on educating and inspiring caregivers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. ~ NEW Inside and Out! Clean & Crisp Pages. (E-mail for more info./pics). Seller Inventory # 211004004
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # BBB_newA_1604250615
Book Description Paperback. Condition: New. 4th Edition. Ships in a BOX from Central Missouri! UPS shipping for most packages, (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Seller Inventory # 001819398N
Book Description Condition: New. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in NEW condition. Seller Inventory # 1604250615-2-1
Book Description Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 25090661-n