Exploring Autodesk Revit 2019 for MEP textbook covers the detailed description of all basic and advanced workflows and tools to accomplish an MEPF (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Fighting) project in a BIM environment.
It explores the processes involved in Building Information Modeling. The topics covered in this textbook range from creating building components, HVAC system, electrical system, plumbing system, and Fire protection system to designing conceptual massing, performing HVAC heating and loading analysis, and creating rich construction documentation.
In this textbook, special emphasis has been laid on the concepts of space modeling and tools to create systems for all disciplines (MEP). Each concept in this textbook is explained using the detailed description and relevant graphical examples and illustrations. The accompanying tutorials and exercises, which relate to the real world projects, help you understand the usage and abilities of the tools available in Autodesk Revit 2019. In addition, the chapters in this textbook are punctuated with tips and notes to make the concepts clear, thereby enabling the readers to create their own innovative projects.
Following are the salient features of this book:
Brief Table of Contents
- Comprehensive textbook that covers all major Revit MEP tools and concepts.
- Coverage of advanced concepts such as worksharing, families, and system creation.
- Detailed description on building envelope, spaces and zones, HVAC system, electrical system, fire fighting system, and plumbing system.
- Step-by-step explanation that guides the users through the learning process.
- Effectively communicates the utility of Revit 2019 for MEP.
- Self-Evaluation Test and Review Questions at the end of chapters for self assessment.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Autodesk Revit 2019 for MEP
Chapter 2: Getting Started with an MEP Project
Chapter 3: Creating Building Envelopes
Chapter 4: Creating Spaces and Zones, and Performing Load Analysis
Chapter 5: Creating an HVAC System
Chapter 6: Creating an Electrical System
Chapter 7: Creating Plumbing Systems
Chapter 8: Creating Fire Protection System
Chapter 9: Creating Construction Documents
Chapter 10: Creating Families and Worksharing
IndexFree Teaching and Learning Resources
CADCIM Technologies provides the following free teaching and learning resources with this textbook:
- Technical support on contacting email@example.com
- Part files used in tutorials, exercises*, and illustrations
- Customizable PowerPoint Presentations of every chapter*
- Instructor Guide with solution to all review questions and exercises*
- Additional learning resources at http://revitxperts.blogspot.in/ and youtube.com/cadcimtech
(* For faculty only)About the Authors
CADCIM Technologies, Prof. Sham Tickoo of Purdue University Northwest, and the team of dedicated contributing authors at CADCIM Technologies are committed to bring you the best textbooks and free teaching and learning resources on Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing and Engineering (CAD/CAM/CAE), Computer Programming and Applications, GIS, Civil, Animation and Visual Effects, and related technologies. We strive to be the first and the best. That is our promise and our goal.
Our team of authors consists of highly qualified and experienced engineers, computer programmers, and animation and visual effects artists who have a strong academic and industrial background. They understand the needs of the students, the faculty, and the challenges the students face when they start working in industry.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.