Ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Gape at the icebergs looming over your ship, stand awestruck in the midst of a teeming penguin colony, or glimpse a minke whale surfacing next to your Zodiac – Antarctica will astound and transform you. Written by authors with intimate knowledge of the region, this bestselling guide is your essential companion to The Ice.
Get The Inside Scoop – loads of specialist contributions by experts in Antarctica’s history, ecology and scientific research.
Go Wild – know your albatross from your snow petrel with our comprehensive wildlife section.
Get There – choose the best tour, expedition or flyover with our detailed transportation chapter.
Find Your Way – 52 detailed maps to help you keep your bearings.
Talk The Talk – handy glossary of unique Antarctic slang and terminology.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1740590945
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-099-54-1284711
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111740590945
Book Description Lonely Planet Publications, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 3rd edition. 328 pages. 8.00x5.00x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk1740590945
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97817405909451.0