This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A comprehensive overview of the wars that saw the United States emerge as a world power; one that had immense implications for America, especially in Latin America and Asia.
· Over 600 alphabetically organized entries in two volumes, covering leading individuals, battles, weapons systems, and events in the United States, Spain, and other nations, as well as economic, cultural, and social topics
· Written by expert contributors, with distinguished scholars of American military history and of the era in which the Spanish-American War took place
· Over 150 primary-source documents in a separate volume giving readers firsthand access to the way the Spanish-American War unfolded and was experienced
· 350 photographs and illustrations, as well as 16 maps, providing a rich array of images to help readers visualize the war's key events and lasting impact
· An exceptionally extensive bibliography guiding readers to significant additional resources in print
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
On the cusp of the 20th century, victory over Spain in Cuba and the Philippines marked the beginning of the United States' emergence as a world power. With William Randolph Hearst, Joseph Pulitzer, and other media moguls fueling the country's sense of itself as a nation of destiny, the Spanish-American War also saw the capacity of the media to shape public opinion and national policy reach an unprecedented level.About the Author:
Spencer C. Tucker, PhD, is senior fellow in military history for ABC-CLIO and the author or editor of more than 40 books and encyclopedias, many of which have been recognized by awards.
Roberta Wiener is managing editor for the Journal of Military History, a quarterly publication of the Society for Military History.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery.This item may ship fro the US or other locations in India depending on your location and availability. Seller Inventory # AUDUU-7155
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Expediting shipping for all USA and Europe orders excluding PO Box. Excellent Customer Service. Seller Inventory # ABEUSADEC19-106622
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: BRAND NEW. Seller Inventory # 1851099514_abe_bn