An invaluable new dictionary, written by a respected team of reference book compilers to provide an essential guide to the economics and politics of this immense and important region.
It contains over 1,000 entries covering the countries, the region's ethnic groups, political parties, prime ministers, presidents, business organizations, geographical features, religions and border disputes.
* Entries on Chechnya, Poland, Uniate Church, Gennadii Zyuganov and The Hungarian Democratic Forum
* Covers 22 countries in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, trans-Caucasus and the Russian Federation
* Includes separate articles on each country, and its economy
* Entries are arranged alphabetically and are fully cross-referenced making the book easy to use
* All organizations listed include full address, telephone, fax and e-mail details
* Geographical and personal name indexes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'A fascinating and useful volume which is much more than a dictionary.' - International Affairs
'People with a concern for Eastern Europe will seize this book with fervour.' - Reference Reviews
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1857430638. Bookseller Inventory # NJ002054
Book Description Routledge, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1857430638
Book Description Routledge, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1857430638
Book Description Europa Publications, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 500 pages. 9.53x6.50x1.61 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1857430638