Methods in Stream Ecology provies a complete series of field and laboratory protocols in stream ecology that are ideal for teaching or conducting research. This new edition is updated to reflect recent advances in the technology associated with ecological assessment of streams, including remote sensing. In addition, the relationship between stream flow and alluviation has been added, and a new chapter on riparian zones is also included. With a student-friendly price, this Second Edition is key for all students and researchers in stream and freshwater ecology, freshwater biology, marine ecology, and river ecology. This text is also supportive as a supplementary text for courses in watershed ecology/science, hydrology, fluvial geomorphology, and landscape ecology.
* Exercises in each chapter
* Detailed instructions, illustrations, formulae, and data sheets for in-field research for students
* Taxanomic keys to common stream invertebrates and algae
* Website with tables
* Link from Chapter 22: FISH COMMUNITY COMPOSITION to an interactive program for assessing and modeling fish numbers
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Now in its second edition, Methods in Stream Ecology covers six important areas of the field: Physical Stream Ecology, Material Transport and Storage, Stream Biotia, Community Interactions, Ecosystem Process, and Ecosystem Quality. This bestselling title has been significantly revised and updated, providing a complete series of field and laboratory protocols in stream ecology.
* NEW information on remote sensing, the relation between stream flow and alluviation, and additional coverage of macrophyte
* Offers a brand new chapter on Riparian Zones
* Provides a variety of exercises in each chapter to accomodate both the student and the practicing scientist
* Includes detailed instructions, illustrations, formulae, and data sheets for conducting stream ecology
* Contains taxonomic keys to common stream fishes, invertebrates, algae, and bryophytes
This new edition is revised, updated and now features full-color!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0123329078
Book Description Academic Press, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110123329078