Editorial Reviews for this title:
This best seller is used by early childhood educators across the world. A theme based curriculum, this book is presented in Alpha order and contains 70 different themes ranging from Ants to Zoo Animals. Each theme contains a variation of the following content depending upon that theme: Curriculum, Web, Theme Goals, Concepts for the Children to Learn, Vocabulary, Bulletin Board, Parent Letter, Music, Fingerplay, Science, Math, Dramatic Play, Arts and Crafts, Sensory, Large Muscle (Gross), Small Muscle (Fine), Field Trips, Social Studies, Group Time, Cooking, Transitions, Books, Multimedia, Recordings and Song Titles. The book sections at the end of each theme have been updated with hundreds of new activities. In addition, an accompanying back-of-book CD-ROM contains important assessment tools, lesson plan forms, evaluation forms for documentation boards, and more.
Features of This Edition
From the Publisher
- The CD in the back of the book has additional content on documentation boards, forms, a parent/family letter for multiple use, developmental forms, and an image library containing bulletin board activity patterns.
- Extended information on diversity (ethnic, gender, and ability or special needs).
- An expanded introduction provides a more comprehensive preface to the book's content.
- The content encourages users to analyze and ask questions.
- A new, 16-page color insert features curriculum development activities.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.