Pathophysiology: Clinical Concepts of Disease Processes
; ; ;
ISBN 10: 0323014550 / 0-323-01455-0
ISBN 13: 9780323014557
Publication Date: 2002
Editorial Reviews for this title:
The new edition of this well-respected text uses a body system approach to studying diseases. This comprehensive textbook, with its traditional presentation of content, integrates basic science with clinical practice and focuses on the alterations in biologic processes that affect the body's equilibrium. Highly readable, it includes shorter, more focused chapters, and end-of-chapter study questions.
- A body systems approach presents the material in a logical order.
- Introductory chapters are included on concepts that affect all body systems to provide a foundation for understanding disease processes.
- Anatomy and physiology are reviewed for each body system to provide a basis for understanding the alterations in function affecting that system.
- Eighty-two short chapters break content into more manageable sections and make a difficult subject easier to teach and learn.
- Outlines with page numbers at the beginning of each chapter help students focus on the most important concepts and provide easy access to chapter content.
- Study questions are provided for every chapter to help students review material and assess their knowledge and understanding. Answers are included for immediate feedback.
- About 725 illustrations clarify difficult concepts and demonstrate normal and disease processes.
- 70 full-color plates depict disease manifestations and enhance the text descriptions of these conditions.
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.