A second edition of the classic Mathematica by Example (Academic Press, 1992), this book is completely compatible with Mathematica, Version 3.0. Highly readable and informative, this volume is geared toward the beginning Mathematica user, and focuses on the most often used features of this powerful tool. The book covers popular applications of mathematics within different areas including calculus, linear algebra, ordinary differential equations, and partial differential equations. A CD-ROM is included with the book, featuring all of the Mathematica input that appears in the book.
* Fully compatible with Mathematica 3.0
* Includes a CD-ROM containing all input used in the text
* Focuses on the beginning Mathematica user
* Covers all the basics needed to get up and running with Mathematica, especially for use in mathematics
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Introduces users to new Mathematica features and applications in clear, understandable languageFrom the Back Cover:
A must-have for all Mathematica 3.0 users!
* Updated to be completely compatible with Mathematica version 3.0.
* Designed for Mathematica beginners; a valuable addition to ANY Mathematica user's library!
* New applications from a variety of fields, especially biology, physics, and engineering, are included throughout the text.
* Additional examples, especially in chapters one through six, should make this edition even more useful to instructors, students, business people, engineers, and other professionals using Mathematica on a variety of platforms.
* Step-by-step instructions for all Mathematica implementations.
* CD-ROM Enclosed! All Mathematica input that appears in the book is included on the enclosed CD-ROM, which will operate on Macintosh, Windows 3.1.1 and 95, and UNIX machines with Mathematica 3.0 installed. Please see your Mathematica documentation or contact Wolfram Research for specific system requirements.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0120415526
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0120415526
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110120415526
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120415526
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-133-62-3605103
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0120415526 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW3.0039703