What Will Your Hanoi & Halong Bay Encounter Be?
...dodging motorbikes and food vendors in the maze of the Old Quarter (p40)
...slurping noodles and sipping cheap beer at a streetside bia hoi joint (p18)
...bargaining for silks, ceramics and art 'til you're blue in the face (p132)
...seeing water puppetry by the Thang Long troupe, which has performed all over the world (p55)
...checking out the architecture and early-morning exercisers around Hoan Kiem Lake (p56)
...falling asleep under the stars on a Halong Bay boat (p26)
Discover Twice the City in Half the Time...
...full-color pull-out map and detailed neighborhood maps make navigation easy
...our discerning author recommends the very best neighborhoods, sights, restaurants, shops and entertainment
...listings of unique itineraries and highlights help you make the most of a short break
...locals give us the lowdown on everything from art to driving a cyclo and smoking a water pipe
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Sherman's Travel, April 2007
'...Encounter guides...discreet in size, but generous enough on page count to provide a fuller city experience minus the hefty guidebook load.'
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111741790921
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1741790921