For graduate-level neural network courses offered in the departments of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science.
Neural Networks and Learning Machines, Third Edition is renowned for its thoroughness and readability. This well-organized and completely up-to-date text remains the most comprehensive treatment of neural networks from an engineering perspective. This is ideal for professional engineers and research scientists.
Matlab codes used for the computer experiments in the text are available for download at: http://www.pearsonhighered.com/haykin/
Refocused, revised and renamed to reflect the duality of neural networks and learning machines, this edition recognizes that the subject matter is richer when these topics are studied together. Ideas drawn from neural networks and machine learning are hybridized to perform improved learning tasks beyond the capability of either independently.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Neural Networks and Learning Machines
McMaster University, Canada
This third edition of a classic book presents a comprehensive treatment of neural networks and learning machines. These two pillars that are closely related. The book has been revised extensively to provide an up-to-date treatment of a subject that is continually growing in importance. Distinctive features of the book include:
· On-line learning algorithms rooted in stochastic gradient descent; small-scale and large-scale learning problems.
· Kernel methods, including support vector machines, and the representer theorem.
· Information-theoretic learning models, including copulas, independent components analysis (ICA), coherent ICA, and information bottleneck.
· Stochastic dynamic programming, including approximate and neurodynamic procedures.
· Sequential state-estimation algorithms, including Kalman and particle filters.
· Recurrent neural networks trained using sequential-state estimation algorithms.
· Insightful computer-oriented experiments.
Just as importantly, the book is written in a readable style that is Simon Haykin’s hallmark.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Macmillan USA. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Good. 0023527625 Good Condition. Five star seller - Buy with confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # Z0023527625Z3
Book Description Macmillan USA, 1994. Softcover. Book Condition: Bon. Ancien livre de bibliothèque. Ammareal reverse jusqu'à 15% du prix net de ce livre à des organisations caritatives. ENGLISH DESCRIPTION Book Condition: Used, Good. Former library book. Ammareal gives back up to 15% of this book's net price to charity organizations. Bookseller Inventory # A-567-809