This introduction to the human body, now in its third edition, has been revised to contain the most up-to-date information available. Written by a leading author in anatomy and physiology, the book provides students with a balanced, fundamental understanding of the anatomical structure and physiological function of the human body, with an emphasis on homeostasis. Tortora relates clinical material to issues of interest and importance to today's students. The author includes new features to aid learning, involvement, and critical thinking, as well as an entirely new art programme. Its coverage is suitable for the allied health, physical education, or liberal arts student.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Introduction to the Human Body 5e offers a balanced introduction to the study of anatomy and physiology. It successfully blends stunning art and clearly written text to illuminate the complexities of the human body and to provide you with a basic understanding of structure and function. Consider these benefits:
* A clear focus on homeostasis as the underlying principle for understanding from and function
* A concise writing style that emphasizes core content over extraneous detail.
* An outstanding illustration program of the finest quality line art and photographs
* A focus on the relevancy of the basic content to everyday life
* A complete pedagogical framework surrounding the narrative and illustrations
* A support package that helps teachers teach and students learn
* A Student Companion CD-ROM specifically developed to go with this text attached to the inside front cover of the text
* A newly designed Web site www.wiley.com/college/apcentral
Gerard J. Tortora, Bergen Community College
Sandra Reynolds Grabowski, Purdue University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins College Div, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110065013638
Book Description Harpercollins College Div. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0065013638 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0021939
Book Description Harpercollins College Div, 1994. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 3rd/Stdnt. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0065013638