Train and prepare for the unexpected with this skill-building guide that teaches vital techniques and procedures for coping with emergencies.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
DEFUSE THE EMERGENCY BEFORE IT HAPPENS
Do you know the best way to get found if you're forced down, radioless, in the wilderness? Can you land in heavy surface winds? What happens if your engine fails? Are you prepared for the unexpected?
Pilot Jerry Eichenberger's Handling In-Flight Emergencies is the best way to prepare for the unexpected-and to fly more confidently and safely. This guide can help you-
* Apply the best prevention, management, and correction strategies for all in-flight emergencies
* Fly knowing you're armed with the best solutions to in-air crises
* Follow critical preflight and training procedures that protect you aloft
* Learn preferred ways of coping with icing, thunderstorms, wind shear, mechanical and electrical failures, IFR conditions, navigational errors, spatial disorientation, and more
* Discover equipment to help you identify and reduce dangers that might otherwise go undetected
* Evaluate avionics products before you need them
* Learn from other pilots' errors
REAL-LIFE CASE STUDIES ILLUSTRATE EACH EMERGENCY SITUATION
A volume in the McGraw-Hill Practical Flying SeriesAbout the Author:
JERRY A. EICHENBERGER is an active aviation lawyer who has been involved in the field for many years as a general aviation and commercial pilot, flight instructor, and airplane owner. He contributes to Private Pilot and Custom Planes Magazine as a legal editor. Also a writer, Eichenberger has contributed articles to such publications as Plane and Pilot News and Business; Commercial Aviation, and has written several aviation books, including Cross-Country Flying; General Aviation Law, Second Edition; and Your Pilot's License, Sixth Edition.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Tab Books, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0070150931
Book Description Tab Books, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0070150931
Book Description Tab Books, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-199-13-9984009
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800701509351.0