Probably the best source available for prospective homebuyer’s to use for evaluating property, inside and out. Originally intended to be for buyers and owners, it has sufficient detail that professional home inspectors use it throughout the country. Loaded with charts, checklists, and photographs, this is a must have for anyone considering a new or used home purchase. Nearly 75,000 copies are in print.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
75,000 COPIES SOLD!
Is that home or condominium apartment you plan on buying a true bargain or an overpriced “handyman’s special”? Here’s how to find out!
No other book on the market increases your chances more of getting your money’s worth when buying a home than The Complete Book of Home Inspection. If you want to find out exactly what’s behind, beneath, above, and around the home you’re thinking of making an offer on, this is just what the inspector ordered. And if you’re thinking of selling your home, here’s the perfect way to accurately evaluate its condition prior to setting a price.
This comprehensive instruction manual covers every aspect of exterior, interior, and electromechanical home inspection and is basic enough for a layperson and detailed enough to be a working on-site tool for professional home inspectors.
Revealing techniques and methods used by experienced home inspectors, this heavily illustrated reference details how to evaluate the condition of a home or condominium apartment – inside and out. Precise step-by-step procedures enable you to inspect a home as though accompanied by an inspector with many years’ experience.
Written by a professional home inspector, The Complete Book of Home Inspection is packed with photos, graphs, dozens of checklists, and worksheets and valuable chapter summaries.
If you want to avoid costly mistakes and headaches down the road, don’t even think of making an offer on a house without reading this book first!
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* A new chapter on swimming pools
* An added section on exterior walls discussing problems with synthetic stucco (EIFS)
* New material added to the environmental concerns chapter on molds and associated problems
* Most chapters and sections have been extensively updated and expanded
The Complete Book of Home Inspection, Third Edition:
* Includes professional inspection worksheets with checklists in every chapter
* Fully illustrated (over 150 photos and drawings)
* All the information homeowner's need to maintain their house
* Content based on the author's 30 years' experience as a home inspector
* New material that updates chapters, including synthetic stucco (EIFS), mold, termite bait systems, sagging plaster ceilings, truss uplift cracks, and much more, plus a new chapter on swimming pools.
Over 125,000 Copies Sold
Most Chapters have been Updated and Expanded
New to this Edition:
* Metal Shingles
* Synthetic Slate
* Fiber-Cement Siding
* Composite Decking
* Free-Standing Decks
* Superior Walls (precast concrete foundation)
* Conditioned Space
* Mold Resistant Drywall
* Engineered Lumber
* Laminate Flooring
* Bamboo Flooring
* Air Admittance Valves
* Loop Vents for Island Kitchens
* Geothermal Heating and Cooling
* Alternative Septic Systems
* PEX Piping
* "On Demand" Tankless Water Heaters
* Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters
* A New Chapter on Green Home Technology
* Plus a 128 Question and Answer Home Inspection Quiz
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071391258
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713912521.0
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071391258
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071391258
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071391258 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1030133