This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
As the telecom industry evolves, installation practices take on a bigger role in overall system performance. Even the best-designed system can't function optimally unless it's properly installed and configured. This book, based on the manual for BICSI's internationally recognized RCDD accreditation programme, provides a hands-on tutorial in structured cabling systems. It provides instructions and checklists, along with guidance to standards compliance.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Thoroughly updated to conform to new ANSI/TIA/EIA standards!
THE CLEAREST, MOST AUTHORITATIVE TELECOM CABLE INSTALLATION GUIDE EVER!
Integrating and delivering voice, data and video is big business. With telecom networking and installation expected to grow well beyond the $4.2 billion mark, there now exists an acute need for trained and qualified cable installers.
That’s why industry leaders McGraw-Hill and BICSI have joined forces to deliver the most reliable cable installation training manual available. Based on BICSI’s proven and internationally respected cabling instruction guide ― and updated to conform to the most recent industry standards ― this second edition features new information on international standards and codes, Division 17, advanced construction materials, retrofit projects, laying out the telecommunications room, furniture module systems and more.
INSIGHT YOU CAN USE ON THE JOB RIGHT NOW!
Renowned for careful research, precise writing and an easy-to-understand format, BICSI’s Telecommunication Cabling Installation is a hands-on guide and overview of the installation procedures that ensure complex telecom cabling systems work properly and efficiently.
The BICSI manual’s easy-to-use format:
* Presents a standards-based industry orientation
* Breaks each task into bulleted steps
* Provides to-the-point overviews of each task’s place in “the big picture”
* Focuses on pathways, spaces, associated hardware, and structured cabling systems to enable channel/link testing within buildings
* Gives guidelines for installing supporting structures, pulling cable, firestopping, grounding, terminating, splicing, connection, testing, troubleshooting, retrofitting, safety, and transmission
* Covers LANs, twisted pair, fiber, Gigabit Ethernet ― every system installers need to know
* Reduces errors with handy checklists
* Is an excellent reference for anyone needing clear cable installation guidelines, parameters, codes, terms, and acronyms
* Has been field-tested by tens of thousands of technicians in 85 countries
BICSI has trained over 30,000 telecom cable installers and has a membership spanning 85 nations. Their resources include technical publications, training, conferences, and registration programs recognized worldwide as the standard for installation, design and maintenance education in the telecommunications industry.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-0071409793
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Hardcover. Condition: New. 2. Seller Inventory # DADAX0071409793