Here's the book that clearly and logically answers the complex question quality managers and product developers face almost every day: WHICH PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TOOLS SHOULD I USE AND WHEN?
This much-needed, well-written roadmap for robust, efficient product development features:
* All the coverage needed to implement six sigma in any manufacturing concern
* A complete review of both traditional and contemporary design methods
* Systems discussed include: DOE (Design Of Experiment), Taguchi Method, QFD (Quality Function Deployment), Axiomatic Design, and TRIZ (Theory for Inventive Problem-Solving)
* Practical examples to highlight important elements of each system
* A unique multi-systems approach to designing products, incorporating the traditional and contemporary methods discussed, detailing how and when to use them
* Valuable assistance when preparing for certification exams
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
THIS WAY TO ROBUST DESIGN AND PRODUCTS!FOLLOW THE DOTTED LINE TO SIX SIGMA QUALITY The attraction of Six Sigma is obvious — designs that work, fewer defects in manufacturing, lowered production costs, and greater customer satisfaction. With these pluses, it’s no wonder the world’s leading companies are adopting the Six Sigma approach to product development in ever-growing numbers. Now here’s a powerful engineering resource that makes it easier to implement Six Sigma in new product and service development, one step at a time. Written by hands-on Six Sigma quality experts -- who write with the excellence Six Sigma can help you achieve in your products and services -- Design for Six Sigma provides unrivalled real-world new product development experience and priceless walkthroughs that help you choose the right design tools at every stage of product development. You get the detailed directions, careful comparisons, and worked-out calculations that make every step easier and make sense of every step. This trailblazing guide is the only resource that gives product and service designers, project and quality engineers, and Six Sigma trainers a true roadmap to product excellence, from customer requirements to customer satisfaction. Writing in a clear, easy-to-follow style, the authors provide:
Starting with basic Introduction to Quality concepts, Design for Six Sigma goes on to deliver in-depth coverage of essential topics such as:
* Fundamentals of Six Sigma
* Basic Six Sigma Statistical Tools
* Fundamentals of Experimental Data
* Taguchi's Robust Parameter Design
* Tolerance Design
* Introduction to Principles of Design
* And much more
Kai Yang, Ph.D. has extensive consulting experience in many aspects of quality and reliability engineering area. He is also Associate Professor of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at Wayne State University, Detroit.
Basem S. El-Haik, Ph.D, is Director of Enterprise Excellence and is presently spearheading the effort to deploy Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) across Textron Enterprise. He is also responsible for the planning and execution of DFSS Black Belt waves, champions, projects, and Six Sigma strategies for other organizations.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071412085
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071412085
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071412085
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-003-58-8018008
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714120871.0