This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Learn how computers and technology affect the nurse’s role in caring for the patient. Now fully updated and enhanced, the fourth edition includes new coverage of PDAs, the impact of HIPAA guidelines, patient safety issues, privacy issues, optimal use of decision support tools, and much more
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Essentials of Nursing Informatics
Virginia K. Saba, EdD, RN, FAAN, FACMI
Kathleen A. McCormick, PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI
Packed with insights and examples from a contributor team of 45 experts who form a “Who’s Who” in nursing informatics, Essentials of Nursing Informatics provides timely guidance on:
· Computer systems, data standards, nursing informatics theory, implementing and upgrading clinical information systems, knowledge discovery in large databases, and the consumer’s use of the Internet for medical information.
· Practical computer applications for various patient settings including critical care, community hospitals, ambulatory care units, and more.
· Controversies, including those in health care policy, privacy, confidentiality, and security issues.
· Computing tools in administration and management.
· Learning and extending the power and reach of research with computers.
· International perspectives.
Offering theoretical background to help you understand how informatics serves many aspects of the profession, Essentials of Nursing Informatics also gives you practical help in unlocking computing's benefits both now and into the future, no matter what your area of study or specialty.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
· New coverage of PDAs, open-source technology, applications for nurse practitioners, and web-based education.
· New coverage of National Health Information Network (NHIN), Electronic Health Records and the Electronic Medical Record, and Nursing Informatics in Biodefense.
· Coverage of decision support tools and coordination of vendor applications.
· Latest on the effect of the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines.
· Updates on improving quality and patient safety.
Visit us at: wwwACCESSmedbooks.com
About the Author:
Virginia K Saba, EdD, RN, FAAN, FACMI Distinguished Scholar, Adjunct, Nursing Informatics Center School of Nursing & Health Studies Georgetown University Washington, DC Professor [Adjunct] and Advisor, Educational Technologies and Distant Learning Research Department, Graduate School of Nursing Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Bethesda, MD Informatics,Educational Technologies, & Home Health System Consultant
Kathleen A. McCormick PhD RN FAAN,FACMI Corporate Vice President, Senior Scientist at SAIC, Falls Church, VA
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0071441972
Book Description Condition: Brand New. Brand New Paperback International Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Seller Inventory # AIND-70194
Book Description Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Seller Inventory # ABE-FEB-13663
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Seller Inventory # SHUB13663
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110071441972
Book Description Condition: New. Brand New Paperback International Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery.This item may ship fro the US or other locations in India depending on your location and availability. Seller Inventory # AUSBNEW-70194
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Seller Inventory # ABEUSA-13663
Book Description The McGraw-Hill Company. Condition: New. pp. xxv + 705 , Illus. Seller Inventory # 8283228
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. 4. Seller Inventory # DADAX0071441972
Book Description PAPERBACK. Condition: New. PAPERBACK INTERNATIONAL EDITION Brand New Book. We ship from India. The ISBN-13 or Cover might be different but content is extactly same. We deliver in 5 - 9days and respond quickly to customer queries. Seller Inventory # 0071441972-Aba