Learn how computers and technology affect the nurse’s role in caring for the patient. Now fully updated and enhanced, the fourth edition includes new coverage of PDAs, the impact of HIPAA guidelines, patient safety issues, privacy issues, optimal use of decision support tools, and much more
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Essentials of Nursing Informatics
Virginia K. Saba, EdD, RN, FAAN, FACMI
Kathleen A. McCormick, PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI
Packed with insights and examples from a contributor team of 45 experts who form a “Who’s Who” in nursing informatics, Essentials of Nursing Informatics provides timely guidance on:
• Computer systems, data standards, nursing informatics theory, implementing and upgrading clinical information systems, knowledge discovery in large databases, and the consumer’s use of the Internet for medical information.
• Practical computer applications for various patient settings including critical care, community hospitals, ambulatory care units, and more.
• Controversies, including those in health care policy, privacy, confidentiality, and security issues.
• Computing tools in administration and management.
• Learning and extending the power and reach of research with computers.
• International perspectives.
Offering theoretical background to help you understand how informatics serves many aspects of the profession, Essentials of Nursing Informatics also gives you practical help in unlocking computing's benefits both now and into the future, no matter what your area of study or specialty.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• New coverage of PDAs, open-source technology, applications for nurse practitioners, and web-based education.
• New coverage of National Health Information Network (NHIN), Electronic Health Records and the Electronic Medical Record, and Nursing Informatics in Biodefense.
• Coverage of decision support tools and coordination of vendor applications.
• Latest on the effect of the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines.
• Updates on improving quality and patient safety.
Visit us at: wwwACCESSmedbooks.com
About the Author:
Virginia K Saba, EdD, RN, FAAN, FACMI Distinguished Scholar, Adjunct, Nursing Informatics Center School of Nursing & Health Studies Georgetown University Washington, DC Professor [Adjunct] and Advisor, Educational Technologies and Distant Learning Research Department, Graduate School of Nursing Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Bethesda, MD Informatics,Educational Technologies, & Home Health System Consultant
Kathleen A. McCormick PhD RN FAAN,FACMI Corporate Vice President, Senior Scientist at SAIC, Falls Church, VA
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 4. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071441972
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071441972
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2005. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0071441972
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-190516-154190
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHAK154190
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Book In Mint Condition. Shipping With Trackable Method. No APO/FPO Addresses Please. Bookseller Inventory # 9780071441971NHS
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800714419711.0
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Ships from multiple locations. FedEx or DHL 4-6 business days delivery to your doorstep. Bookseller Inventory # 20JULY16APP-230
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-70194
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-70194