This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The new edition of this powerful best-seller contains a CD-ROM with links to security tools mentioned in the book, key security tools for download from the CD, and a password database. Inside the book, you'll also get all-new security information on 802.11 (Wireless) hacking, Windows XP, Windows.NET Server (code named Whistler), and IIS 5--plus a whole lot more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"If there was an Encyclopedia Britannica of computer security, it would be Hacking Exposed, Third Edition." --Marty Roesch, creator of the Snort tool
"A critical step to knowing your enemy is first understanding their tools. Hacking Exposed, Third Edition delivers just that...and more." --Lance Spitzner, Sun Microsystems GESS Security Team and the coordinator of the Honeynet Project
"Whether you're a struggling novice or a seasoned pro--Hacking Exposed, Third Edition is required reading." --Barnaby Jack, Win32 Buffer Overflow expert
CD-ROM contains key security tools ready to install on your computer, links to the security tools covered in the book, and a password database.
Harden your computers and networks against compromise by digital marauders today with this fully revised, essential volume. Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets ; Solutions, Third Edition shows you how hackers view internetworking technologies, the techniques they use to exploit network security holes, and what you can do to recognize oncoming attacks. Renowned security experts Stuart McClure, Joel Scambray, and George Kurtz provide detailed examples of the latest devious break-ins and destructive attacks and show you, step-by-step, how to protect your systems. You'll get brand-new coverage of technologies like 802.11 Wireless Networking expanded coverage of Denial of Service, VPN, dial-up, and remote access hacks, and all-new security information on Windows XP, Windows.NET Server (code named Whistler), and IIS 5.
New and Updated Material:
"The seminal book on white-hat hacking and countermeasures.... Should be required reading for anyone with a server or a network to secure." --Bill Machrone, PC Magazine
"Reading this book is better than hiring those Sneakers guys to break into your network to tell you where the open doors are, and it doesn't cost nearly as much." --Professional Certification magazine
"A great practical guide for administrators and an eminently readable expose on hacking that should smooth the way for sensible executive policies to protect corporate networks." --Cameron Sturdevant, eWeek
"Will tell you more about what hackers have done and can--and can't--do than anything else I have seen....Chock full of tips on countermeasures and just plain usability tricks. Recommended." --Jerry Pournelle, BYTE Magazine
"For almost any computer book, you can find a clone. But not this one.... A one-of-a-kind study of the art of breaking in." --UNIX Review
New and Updated Material:
* Each part opens with a brand new case study based on real security scenarios
* Brand new chapter covers the latest 802.11 Wireless networking security attacks and countermeasures
* New strategies for proactively defending against dial-up, PBX, voicemail, and VPN hacks
* Completely rewritten enumeration chapter including new SQL Server discovery tools, Windows XP/.NET Server countermeasures, Novell exploits, and network discovery using BGP
* New techniques for gaining unauthorized access to Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP, Novell 6, UNIX, and Linux
* Up-to-date countermeasures for preventing the exploitation of proxy and packet filtering firewall vulnerabilities
* Web hacking chapter completely revised and updated to cover the latest platform-specific vulnerabilities from Apache to IIS, current techniques including cross-site scripting, fuzzing, and SQL injection attacks, and all of the latest tools from Achilles to Nikto
* Hacking Exposed Live! video presentation on DVD
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0072193816
Book Description Osborne/McGraw-Hill, 2001. Paperback. Condition: New. 3rd. Seller Inventory # DADAX0072193816
Book Description McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, 2001. Paperback. Condition: New. 3rd. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0072193816n