An easy & simple to read all-in-one, hands-on text manual is available as a great source of information on cancer to reach students of all background. The goal is to educate all about cancer, a major global problem & its prevention.
Contents & highlights include:
* The microscope as a tool to study normal cells, tissues & cancer cells.
* The use of cell culture & sterile techniques for cloning.
* The hemacytometer as a simple tool for cell counting & blood cell counting.
* A blood cell visual model: A novel tool to instantly grasp blood cells & leukemia (patent pending).
* Molecular changes in cancer & detection of DNA mutations by gel electrophoresis of PCR products.
* Some important definitions in cancer medicine & histopathology of cancer.
* Overviews of some major cancers: lung, colon, breast, prostate, pancreas, ovaries, kidney, skin, etc.
* Cancers that affect young adults: thyroid, brain, testes & various types of leukemia.
The take home message: Posters on cancer awareness, early detection and cancer prevention.
The drive-home message: Prevent cancer now & reduce the cancer burden that affects our global population.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Learning Solutions, 2008. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 78123097